Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tylenol Filled Frustrating Day


Dearest Precious Children~

Since we went to bed so late last night .... after 11pm .... I was exhausted when Grace decided to wake up.   I changed her diaper and was was nursing her by 4:40am.  Since I had to go to work today, I just stayed awake afterward.  I managed to nurse you one more time before leaving for work.

Work was hectic and frustrating.  It was pretty terrible and I took tylenol throughout the day just to get by.  I was exhausted and probably dehydrated since we were so busy.  We had a few 'not too pleasant' patients, which didn't help much.  Also, I had forgotten my 'self evaluation' for work which was due and had a horrible time trying to get my PPD shot updated .... which I never got!  Ugh!  So, I still have to get that done at some point.  We use to go down the hall to the pediatric clinic and just have one of the nurses or MA's give it to us.  Now, policies have changed and we have to check into a 'Same Day Care' clinic downstairs which was a mess!  Needless to say, my opinion of my 'fellow coworkers' at Same Day Care (we all work for the same company though different departments) is pretty low.  Plus, it's a joke that I couldn't get 'same day' service for a 2 second shot at a same day clinic!  They had no clue what was going on!  Grrrr!

The only good thing about today was coming home to see you two!!  You all had some fun with Penny.  You had music time, play time, and even walked up to the park.  Grace, you practiced your sitting in the bumbo chair and did some tummy time.  Joshua, you had fun in the sand box and water table.  

Daddy wasn't there when I walked in the door .... he had gone to play soccer (I have to admit I was mad at that too since he knew I had a pretty crappy day) .... but he had left some flowers for me and a big cookie cake.  Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie were babysitting you all, so it was nice that you all got to visit with them since you hadn't seen them in a while.  :-)  Also, it was nice to 'vent' a little with Aunt Katie.  She and I went upstairs to nurse Grace while Uncle Brennan played with Joshua downstairs. 

Grace, you do something cute now when I nurse you .... you've started to look up and smile at me when I nurse you like you're taking little breaks to say 'thank you' to me.  Whenever you look up at me and smile, I can't get mad no matter how tired I am.  I will certainly miss these days when you're older.  

And, no matter how bad my day was at work, seeing you all took that negative energy away.  I love you two so much and you both make my days, weeks, months .... my life in general .... so much better!  You all make me a better person and I have to thank you two for that!  

Sleep tight little angels!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment