Saturday, June 11, 2011

Joy


Dearest Angels~

We got a little bit more sleep this morning since Grace didn't wake up until 3:40am.  Once she finished eating, I went back to sleep for a few more hours.  ;-)

Joshua woke up relatively early too.  In fact, everyone was up so early this morning that we were all dressed and in the car by 8:45am to run errands!  We went to Target to pick up groceries and things for the house.  We were back in time for a mid morning therapy session for Joshua.  He ate some yogurt for us and did well. 

We made some macaroni and cheese in the crock pot this afternoon, but we didn't eat it for dinner since Mimi and Grandpa Mike came over.  They brought over some meatloaf, corn bread, and veggies, which were good.  We saved the mac and cheese so that Joshua can have some this week.

Daddy and I actually made too much pasta for the crock pot.  The recipe called for 6 cups of cooked pasta, and we didn't know how much uncooked pasta to prepare .... pasta gets bigger as you cook it.  ;-)  So, we have lots of pasta to spare!  Ha!  Now we know better.  

Daddy hung the dining room light higher.  It hung low since it's placed to go above a table.  Since we don't have a table and using the room for another purpose, we needed to lift the light so people weren't bumping their heads.  :-)

As daddy did that, I swept downstairs and vacuumed.  Then, I ran the dishes and organized Grace's bottles for next week.

Joshua, you took a late nap this afternoon and didn't go on your pillow until 3pm!  I nursed Grace and then she fell asleep as well.  I held her as she slept and watched Joshua snoring on his pillow.  I didn't want to let her go!  I enjoyed the moment as long as I could.  Then, I placed Grace down next to Joshua and took a little picture of the two of you all sleeping together!

As I watched you two sleep, I couldn't help thanking God for the blessing you all are in my life.  You two put joy in my life!  I can't even imagine my life without you all or daddy.  Family is such a blessing and I'm so thankful everyday for you all!  I  have no other desire than to be with you all each day.  Did I ever tell you all that daddy and I kiss you two and say 'I Love You' to the two of you everyday?  Well, we do!  :-)
 
Grace, I'm still adjusting to how fast and well you are growing!  I actually get sad some days when I see an outfit too tight on you!  But, that means you're healthy and I can't keep you small forever!  :-)

Daddy made some homemade banana bread and it was good!  Mimi and Grandpa Mike visited for about an hour and a half and brought Joshua a toy lawn mower!  He likes to push it all around the house.  Now, if only I could get you to push the vacuum cleaner .... hummm ....  ;-)

We had a heavy storm come in this evening after dinner and it cooled things off a little.  We all sat on the swing on the front porch and watched the rain fall.  Uncle James and I use to do that when we were little.  We lived in Wilmington and we would have hurricanes.  We use to watch Grandpa Jim run out and tie down our swing set so it wouldn't blow away! 

We relaxed in playroom this evening after dinner while it stormed.  We watched some cartoons and then everyone headed to bed.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you very much .... forever and ever!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment