Saturday, June 25, 2011

Party


Dearest Blessings~

Well, little lady, you sleep a little bit longer this morning.  You woke up at 4:11am and daddy changed your diaper.  I fed you and then you fell asleep.  You woke up a few minutes later after I put you in your bassinet.  I picked you back up and nursed you some more.  You fell asleep .... again.  :-P  I leaned back in the bed and fell asleep for about one hour while holding Grace against my chest.  I woke back up and placed her in her bassinet (my back was killing me) and she woke back up again!  Daddy ended up waking up then and took her downstairs with him as he ate breakfast.  When he came back up, Grace made a poopy diaper.  So, I changed her and was back nursing her by 7am.  :-P

Joshua, you, on the other hand, didn't want to get up.  You woke up at 7am when all this was going on.  Grace fell back asleep so I got up and ate some breakfast at 8am.  When I came back upstairs, all three of you all were sleeping!  Grace, you ended up waking back up at 8:45am and Joshua, you woke back up at 9am! 

Both of you all had a bath this morning.  Daddy gave Joshua a bath once he woke up and I gave one to Grace once she had another poopy diaper.  :-P

Grandpa Jim came over this morning and helped up out with some things in the garage.  We had a big mirror, filing cabinet, and shelves that needed to go to a dumpster.  Grandpa Jim really helped us out on this because he has a truck.  He and daddy loaded everything and took it away to the dump.  Slowly our garage and house are looking cleaner.  :-)  Grandpa Jim then got to visit with you all for a little bit.  :-)  It felt nice early in the morning when he came, so we were all swinging on our front porch swing when he pulled up!  ;-)

While they were out doing that, you two stayed with me in the house.  You two helped me vacuum and sweep the downstairs.  Then, we made some chocolate pudding.  :-)  Yummm!

Oh, I almost forgot, Joshua, you ate a great breakfast for daddy this morning!  You ate three tablespoons of cereal with fruit mixed in and whole milk.  Then, you took down a sippy cup!  Wow!  Good job little man!

After lunch Aunt Katie and Uncle Brennan came over to visit.  They were out running errands and were in the neighborhood.  :-)  Grace, you were very fussy for some reason at the beginning.  You eventually calmed down, but you were really screaming there for a bit.  :-P

This afternoon we went to a birthday party for my coworker's son.  He's turning one year old.  This was the first time we've been invited to a birthday party for a small child.  You all got gift bags to take home with little toys in them!  There were lots of people there, both adults and children!  It was a little overwhelming with the number of people all in a living room and kitchen.  We went outside to walk around, but it was hot and Joshua's face turned a little red.  Joshua eventually started to put his fingers in his ears, and by that point we wanted to head out as well.  We had been there for an hour and a half, and we still had a 45 minute drive back home.  :-P  Oh, Joshua, you did have fun throwing toys everywhere.  :-P  Daddy and I kept watching you and moving you so that you won't hit the smaller children or an adult.  ;-)

We were back home by 6:30pm.  I nursed Grace and Joshua ate a little and drank some milk.  Oh, we weighed you all today.  Based on our scale you two weigh about 14 lbs (Grace) and 22 lbs (Joshua).  We'll see what the pediatrician's scale says in July.  This might be why my back has been hurting so much.  I carry you all around everyday.  I had to take some motrin today and my back felt like it was having a spasm this evening.  :-P

Joshua, you are still fascinated with hair!  You like to play with mine and rub Grace's hair!  It's so cute!  Oh, and Grace, I clipped your nails this evening after you fell asleep.

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment