Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two Therapists



Dearest Blessings~

So, this morning we had a 1:45am feeding and a 4:45am feeding.  Daddy changed Grace's diaper both times, so it was nice to get some help.  Especially since we went to bed around 11pm last night.  :-P  I forgot to tell you all, but I was so tired last friday that I actually put the wrong diaper on Grace!  I changed her and then grabbed one of Joshua's diapers!  So, for a few hours you two were in the same size diaper!  Joshua wears a size 3, so it was pretty big on Grace (who wears a size 2).  ;-)

Joshua, you were so cute this morning.  You kept hugging me after breakfast so I cuddled with you until I needed to feed Grace.  You were so sweet and I enjoyed that time together.  :-)

Once we were all fed, we headed over to Joshua's appointments.  We saw Michelle (the occupational therapist) and Kim (the speech therapist).  Michelle was very nice.  She did an initial evaluation with a sensory profile.  She recommends weekly appointments (as was expected), so we now have 10:15am OT appointments and then 11am ST appointments right after every tuesday.  We're going to have busy tuesdays!

Michelle had you play in a container of dry rice and beans, stack blocks, tested your fine motor skills, your balance on a big swing and trampoline .... you were hesitant about some of the things, but overall you did pretty well.  She also tested you on different textures.  Grace, you had a big poopy diaper while we were in Michelle's room .... good thing I had a change of clothes for you!  Also, I ran some laundry when I got home because I had to wash part of the carseat!

Joshua, you did well for Kim!  I actually did the feeding and you ate peas for me!  You had 14 positive trials out of 17!  Plus, you did well with the open cup.  You had no spillage and took multiple sips.  You had no coughing or choking, though you did bite the cup.  ;-)  Kim assisted you with keeping your head up and with the control of the cup.

I nursed Grace once we were home.  It was after 12pm so I ate something too.  I changed Joshua's outfit since he was hot from the car.  I need to get a fan for the backseat.  It's only going to get hotter as the summer goes along.

I also got two pumps in and almost have two fresh containers of mommy milk for wednesday.  I will only need to thaw two others, but we have lots in the freezer.

Joshua, you now have a visible bruise/cut on your upper lip from last night.  But, I don't see any intraoral bruising or damage. 

I asked Joshua where things were (kept him occupied while I was pumping) in the play room.  He correctly brought me the stuffed bird, dog, and bear.  Also pointed to the door, fan, window, guitar, mandolin, tv, and pillow!  How amazing for a 30 weeker!  I'm so proud!  What a blessing you two are in our lives!  You two never cease to amaze me.  God is so good!  :-)

We made eggs, toast, bacon, and veggies for dinner.  Then, I washed Grace's head because of the cradle cap.  Your hair was so fuzzy afterward!  ;-)

We played upstairs this evening and daddy read to us before bedtime.  I head back to work tomorrow so you all will be with Penny.  I'll miss you two so much!  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Pretty soon it will be time for the blue & white uniform!! :-)

    ReplyDelete