Monday, June 6, 2011

Bloody Lip


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

This morning Grace and I were up at 2am bonding over a nursing session.  We then took a little break to take a nap, but were both back up again at 4:30am.  I could barely keep my eyes open.  :-P

As Grace slept in longer, I took Joshua downstairs for breakfast once he emerged.  He ate some cheerios with me which is the first time in a while! 

Joshua, you had two great therapy sessions with me today.  You almost ate an entire yogurt container between the two!  Good job little man!

We had some pest people come to our house and spray this morning.  We've noticed some 'bug' problems recently around the house.  They sprayed upstairs and downstairs.  Also, they went around the outside of the house and removed cobwebs.  I'm hoping this will help .... I hate bugs!

This afternoon we played and organized some things.  Joshua took a nap and I listened to Grace try to talk.  We also did more tummy time.  :-)

We all had leftovers for dinner.  After dinner, I got a quick third pump in (I did two this morning) and now have one whole bottle ready for wednesday for Grace!  Woo hoo!

This evening was spent in the play room.  We all played on the floor as Grace did her tummy time.  I put some CDs on in play room and we had some music and play time after dinner.  Daddy left to go play soccer.  The three of us played together and saw more fireflies out the window.  Grace and I also amused ourselves by watching Joshua try to put his toes in his mouth.  :-P

As I was nursing Grace around 9pm, Joshua fell while playing and hit his mouth and lip on a toy.  He cut his lip and started to cry and cry as it was bleeding.  I picked him up and held him to calm him.  I got blood on my shirt, which actually was daddy's shirt that I was just wearing.  :-P  Since I was in the middle of nursing Grace and had to quickly put her down, she immediately started to cry!  So, I then had two crying children .... both wanting to be held!  And, I wanted to hold them both!  I had Joshua sit next to me on the couch (once he was calm) as I picked Grace back up.  I had to clean some blood from his wrist.  I checked his teeth and there was no damage there!  Joshua eventually did some unwinding on the couch as he started to yawn and rub his eyes next to me.

After Grace ate, I moved everyone to the bedroom.  Grace went into her bassinet, and I put Joshua next to me to help him fall asleep.  He eventually fell asleep in my arms!  :-)  By then, Grace had woken up and I was up feeding her again.  :-P  Daddy didn't get home until after 10pm.

Tomorrow Joshua sees Kim and has an evaluation with the OT.  We'll be spending our morning at the therapist's office!  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment