Friday, June 3, 2011

Purple Triangle


Dearest Miracles~

My oh my little lady .... what a way to start the day.  We were up at 2:30am for a nursing session.  I was still so tired from yesterday.  I literally could not keep my eyes open last night and Joshua was still awake after 10pm.  :-P

Once our 2:30am wake up call was over, I managed to get 2.5 hours of sleep before we were up again at 6am nursing.  Daddy and Joshua snored through both feedings and diapers .... I was soo exhausted.  :-P

Joshua, you can now climb onto the upstairs couch and then climb back down all by yourself!  Wow!  Also, I asked you where your hands were and you pointed to them correctly!  I asked you where different things were and you correctly pointed to your hair, toes, nose, ears, hand, tummy, and mouth this morning!  We were playing this game as Grace was doing some tummy time.  :-)  You two are so smart!

Grace, you like to suck on two fingers now .... the index and middle .... at the same time.  You also had fun playing with a plastic purple triangle.  It was too funny and cute!  You didn't want to let go of it, even though Joshua kept trying to grab it from you.  :-P  You even held on to it as I was nursing you this evening!  Ha!

It was hot today but not like it was earlier this week.  We were able to spend time in the play room and it felt comfortable.

Our therapy session went well today.  I only managed to get one in, so we need to get better at managing our time.  Joshua, I put peaches on the spoon and we got about 50% positive!  Then, you threw a toy in the cat's litter box.  Ugh!  I think we need to find a different home for this cat so you all aren't walking in cat poop (he still doesn't hit the litter box every time), but your daddy wants to keep him for some reason.  I know more toys will just end up there, and Joshua keeps walking over to it like it's a sand box.  It drives me crazy.  :-P

Joshua, you have been spitting out your prevacid pill when we give it to you in the syringe.  Ugh!  We're trying it in a sippy cup now.  :-P

I was thinking earlier how amazing life is and how your perspective on things changes as you get older.  When I was in college, I went to the movies a lot (there was a cheap theater on campus for the students), and I even tried to go when I could while in DDS school with my friends.  I even had a little punch card to get free popcorn.  ;-)  Now, I couldn't even tell you the last movie I saw in the theater, but I don't even miss it!  I would much rather be with you two than to 'go out' for the evening without you all.  Time flies and before you blink, you two will be in school .... I don't want to miss a precious moment!  :-)

I made some baked chicken and veggies for dinner.  It was still cooking as daddy came through the door.  Joshua ate some chicken!  Woo hoo!  Daddy clipped Joshua's nails, but he was uncooperative with the toes.  I guess we'll have to wait until he's asleep.  ;-)

We relaxed in the play room this evening.  Joshua finally fell asleep a little after 10pm and daddy was soon snoring too.  Grace, you and I were still awake .... why are we always the last ones to bed and the first ones up every day and night?  :-P

Tomorrow's saturday!  Woo hoo!  Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for us to get out of the house some.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment