Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


Dearest Miracles~

Today is Father's Day!  So, we got to spend the day with daddy and celebrate.  :-)  Grace woke us bright and earlier because she was so excited!  ;-)  I nursed her at 3:36am and 6:45am.  Daddy changed her diaper both times.  

This morning we all relaxed in the play room and watched another 'Veggie Tales' show.  This one was about hard work and perseverance.  They imitated the Three Stooges at one part, and I thought of you all's Great Grandfather.  I think Uncle James and I have seen all the Three Stooges episodes with him at some point in our life.  ;-) 

I was able to do a quick pump this morning, so we're building up a milk supply for you Grace!  I try to start on sundays to build up milk for Penny to use on wednesdays.  That way, I only need to thaw a little bit each week from the past thursday.  We have about 20 containers in the garage freezer of mommy milk.  I'm saving those for when I'm no longer pumping.  We're still going strong together with nursing, so I plan on keeping that up for as long as I can.  :-)

Joshua helped me wrap the Father's Day gifts as Grace kept daddy distracted.  ;-)  Then, I took more pictures of you all.  :-)  Grace, you had a huge poop that went through your clothes and down your back .... again!  This reminded me of thursday when you did that and I was running late for work.  :-P  Anyway, we gave you a quick sponge bath to clean you all up.

We got to see Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James after church today to celebrate.  They brought an apple pie and Grandpa Jim gave you a mommy milk bottle (you haven't had formula in about two months by the way).  I pumped while you took your bottle.  Did I tell you that on friday I tried to give you a bottle but you fussed?  I don't think you like me giving you a bottle.  :-P

While everyone was here, we called your Great Grandparents in Asheboro and wished Great Grandpa a happy father's day.  You two became 'phone shy' when we called.  Before we called, you two were babbling away.  :-P  Grandpa Jim loved his present .... a book about the ESPN sports network (your Grandpa Jim LOVES sports!).  And, daddy loved his Foo Fighters CD.  :-)

We made a baked pasta with chicken for dinner.  Joshua, you ate some chicken and a lot of hotdog!  We tried putting your prevacid medication back in the syringe since we weren't sure how much you were getting with it in a sippy cup.  However, you spit it out so quickly that we're just going to have to stick with the cup.  :-P

This evening was spent relaxing in the play room.  Grace did more tummy time as Joshua played around.  Everyone ended up going to bed late.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful Father's Day and I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. I celebrate being a father each and every day - I am so thankful for you two miracles and your mom. I love you!

    ReplyDelete