Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Throw Up & Green Beans




Dearest Blessings~

This morning Grace and I were up early at 1:37am.  I thought I could get some sleep after that, but she ended up waking back up at 3:25am .... this was one hour after I had put her down the first time.  :-P  Oh well.  Both of you two were up by 6:40am.

Today was another therapy day.  Joshua, you had a huge poopy diaper right before we left!  Then, Grace, you had a huge poopy diaper once we pulled into the parking lot!  I ended up changing you in the car.  Good thing I left some extra time this morning anticipating a diaper change so we wouldn't be late for our appointment.  :-P


Joshua, you did well with your therapies today.  Michelle is changing your appointments to 30 minutes, so instead of being there at 10:15am, our new time will be 10:30am for OT, and then 11am for speech therapy.

You were hesitant about things with Michelle.  She gave us some examples to work on for deep pressure exercises and heavy, weight baring exercises.  This is to help you with your sensitivities to textures and things near your mouth.  You pushed a wagon with weights in it for your heavy work and then crawled over different cushions.  You didn't like the tunnel and wouldn't go through that.  She also provided deep pressure around your mouth and cheeks.  You were 'ok' with that if you were distracted. 

Joshua, you actually chewed on strength toy for Kim!  Your whole body shook which let us know you don't have a lot of jaw strength.  You ate some green beans for us and then threw some on my pants!  

We were home by lunch and Grace was screaming since she was hungry!  I nursed her and then she threw up a little on my shirt.  So, by 1pm I had been thrown up on and had green beans thrown at me.  The everyday life of a mommy!  ;-)

Joshua had a nice afternoon nap.  I rocked in to sleep, but I had the hiccups, so he kept giggling at me before falling asleep.  Once he was asleep, I pumped again and played with Grace.  She fell asleep after I nursed her, so I also closed my eyes for a little bit.  I still felt groggy from this morning and took a tylenol once I woke up.

Oh, daddy figured out the electric mandolin and amp problem from last night.  The knobs just weren't set up right .... I was my mistake.  Sorry!  At least there's nothing wrong with the amp or the mandolin!  ;-)

We all walked to park after dinner.  Joshua found a little stick and carried it all around with him.  Grace watched him run around.  

I noticed a little rash on Grace's arms and legs.  I washed her and put a little lotion on her legs.  We'll see what it looks like tomorrow.  We may need to take her to the MD if it doesn't clear.

Tomorrow you two will be with Penny while I'm at work.  Have fun and I'll rush home as soon as I can!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment