Monday, June 13, 2011

Cherish


Dearest Precious Children~

This morning Grace woke up at 1:15am to nurse.  We went to bed a little earlier, but it was still hard to get up.  Daddy changed her diaper.  Then, little lady, you were up again at 3:45am and then 5:15am.  Ugh!  I was quite groggy this morning.  Luckily, we didn't have to go anywhere, so we could rest the rest of the day.

Despite the early wake up sessions, we still managed to get some things done around the house.  In fact, we were relatively productive.  I did two loads of laundry, baked some potatoes for lunches this week, did a pump and almost filled a container for Grace for wednesday, emptied the dish washer and reloaded it, and brushed Joshua's teeth (he was cooperative this morning .... he fought it last night).  Plus, everyone had their morning poopy diaper and was dressed by around 10am (in addition to these chores).  I count that as a success!  ;-)

Grace did lots of tummy time and Joshua had fun mowing the carpet.  I debated making a Target trip, but decided to stay here since I'll be out the of the house all the other days this week with therapy or work.

Did I ever tell you all that my friend Alicia had her baby boy, Caleb?  Well, we ordered a gift for them .... it's the boy version of the 'In Training' picture that we have for Grace.  I'm going to order one for Joshua too and that way we can hang them side by side.  ;-)  We also ordered something online for Gigi's birthday (it's in July), and some thing for daddy and Grandpa Jim for Father's Day.  Daddy is still thinking of what to get Grandpa Mike.

Joshua, you were not cooperative with therapy this morning.  Out of ten trials, you let me only touch your lips .... and that was only once!  We did it again in the afternoon and you took 4 bites of yogurt.  But, on a good note, you ate 13 big pieces of hotdog (which, I'm guessing is close to a third to a half of a hotdog).  You probably would have eaten a few more but you ate them all!  I was so proud of you!

I rocked Joshua after lunch and he fell asleep on me.  I then played with Grace and she did some tummy time as I did a second pump (I now have one full container .... I'll try to have two filled by wednesday morning so we'll only need to thaw a little milk for you).  :-)  Grace also tried to talk while I was pumping and then she helped me check the mail.

I remembered to back up my laptop this afternoon.  I have so many photos and videos of you all that I didn't want to loose them!

Daddy left to go play soccer this evening, so it was just us.  I put a CD on again and we had music and play time.  Grace was in her swing and I walked around the play room with my mandolin and played a little for you all.  It's been a long time since I had done that.  It was the electric mandolin, so Joshua kept turning the volume and tone knobs.  And, he kept hitting the 3-way switch.  ;-)  I tried plugging the mandolin into daddy's amp, but for some reason it didn't work.  I couldn't get any volume to come out, so I continued to just strum it without the amp.

It was a little bit of a struggle for me to get you two to bed by myself, but we managed.  Joshua fought sleep and I was trying to nurse Grace at the same time.  He eventually fell asleep right next to me, and once Grace fell asleep and in her bassinet, I curled up next to Joshua.  Daddy was home by 10pm, but we were all in bed (though I was still awake).

I read something today that I wanted to share with you all .... "cherish the small things in life ... one day you will look back and realize they were the big things" .... that is so true!  Promise me that you all will cherish the small things in life.  It could be something simple like a hug from a friend.  Some times those small things are the things that matter most.  I cherish the time we have together and little things that you all do for me .... I love seeing your smiling faces in the morning when I wake up (even if I'm very tired and don't want to get up!).  ;-)  I cherish your laughs and giggles!  I cherish your hugs and kisses!  I know, one day when you all are older, you'll be 'embarrassed' to hug or kiss me in public, so I'm trying to get as much as I can now and to cherish every moment!  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you two so very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment