Friday, June 17, 2011

Cookout



Dearest Angels~

You woke up a little earlier this morning (unlike last night).  We were up at 4am nursing.  I was still so tired from working yesterday and your late night crying.  I forgot to tell you yesterday, but you cried and cried again last night.  Daddy and I didn't know what the matter was.  You finally fell asleep in your swing.  

After nursing you this morning, I could tell you left some milk.  So, I pumped out 2.5 ozs of mommy milk and then went back to bed.  I was in bed by 5am.  Daddy got up for work shortly after.

This morning we were pretty productive.  I ran your laundry and threw my jeans in there that still had green beans on them.  :-P  I also swept and vacuumed the downstairs.  You two both had big poopy diapers.  Ew!  We also made some pudding.  I didn't completely get all the clumps out, but I think it turned out pretty well for our first try.  :-)  I wonder if Joshua will eat some.  We also did some packing for this evening (prepared the diaper bag) .... all this before 11:30am. 

Joshua, you had a pretty good therapy session.  I tried you on some green beans and you ate them!  Daddy did a second session with you this afternoon and you ate yogurt for him!  :-)

Joshua, you took a nap around 12:30pm.  I used that time to play with Grace.  She did tummy time and then tried to talk to me.  Daddy got home around 1pm as Grace was doing tummy time.  We all got to play before heading to the cookout!  :-)

The cookout was fun!  There were a few other children there .... Grace was the youngest.  Everyone had fun seeing you two!  You all were the entertainment and the stars of the show!  ;-)  And, Joshua, we are so proud of you .... you ate three fourths of a hotdog!  Wow!  Good job little man! 

Novelyn helped give Grace a bottle .... I tried at first and she was fussy with me.  I passed her to daddy and she was fine.  I guess you don't like me giving you a bottle?  Novelyn helped finish the bottle so daddy could eat.  I was feeding Joshua hotdog.  :-)

Everyone got to hold Grace.  And, everyone loved her hair!  I spiked it up a little and put her in a cute dress.  ;-) 

We left a little before 9pm, which wasn't the best timing on our part.  We wanted to leave earlier, but Joshua had so much fun playing with everyone on the deck.  Our drive home wasn't fun.  Joshua cried and cried.  We didn't know what the problem was.  We stopped and changed his diaper and tried to give him a sippy cup, but nothing worked.  He just wanted to be out of the car seat.  Then, Grace started to scream!  I knew she would be getting hungry, but I thought we had time.  She might have stayed sleeping if Joshua hadn't started crying.  Anyway, with the two of you all crying, our 45 minute drive home was not too pleasant.  :-P

Once we were home, everyone calmed down and I nursed Grace to sleep.  :-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment