Sunday, June 12, 2011

Twisting


Dearest Miracles~

Grace guess what .... you slept until 5:20am this morning!  Woo hoo!  I got some extra sleep, but it's always a 'catch 22' when you sleep longer.  My body want to nurse every 3-4 hours, so if you sleep, I actually wake up hurting from the milk pressure.  Then, I start leaking everywhere.  :-P  So, this morning I tried to change your diaper as fast as I could so you could start eating and relieve the pressure! 

I heard something beautiful this morning .... daddy had the news on the television and people were being interviewed at the 'Race for the Cure' breast cancer 5K.  One woman stated that 'because God helps us, we need to help others.'  Isn't that a beautiful statement!  It stuck with me the rest of the day as I tried to figure out something that we could do as a family to help others.  I kept thinking of the ICN nurses at Wake Med Hospital and if there was something we could do for them so they feel appreciated and loved for what they do .... care for sick and small babies everyday.  I'll keep thinking, but if you two have any thoughts, just let me know.

Grandpa Jim did that race and he came in third place in his age group and 152nd overall!  Woo hoo!  I've done the race a few times in the past.

We tried to make it to church this morning, but we were late.  :-P  We didn't even leave the house until right when the service was starting.  I thought I would still be able to catch Gigi there (she plays in the praise team) but we missed her.  :-P  Grace, you were wearing a cute little dress too!  

So, we came back home and did one of Joshua's therapy sessions.  Little man, you were not in the mood today .... you had one positive trial out of ten!  We did another later in the day and you did a little better.  Maybe tomorrow will be more successful.

This afternoon after lunch, we all took a walk up to the stores near our subdivision.  It was about a 2.5 mile round trip walk and it was hot out!  I didn't think it was going to be that hot so early.  :-P  Once we got back home, we stripped everyone down to their diapers and we cooled off under the fan in the living room.  Once people had something to eat and drink, everyone got a bath.  Daddy took Joshua into the shower with him (he cried towards the end when he had to rinse his head) and I gave Grace a bath in the infant tub.  

This was the first time we used the double jogging stroller with you two.  We leaned one seat back so Grace could lay down and fall asleep.  Joshua sat up and looked all around during the trip.
 
Grace, you almost rolled today!  You twisted to your side all by yourself!  I took a little video of you twisting, just in case you decided to roll for us!  You were so close!  I wonder when you'll completely roll over.  :-)

Joshua, we tried to cut your hair this afternoon.  It was getting in your eyes, but you weren't too cooperative.  Daddy was able to trim the back, but your bangs are all over the place!  And, we couldn't trim the sides where the hair is past your ears.  So, you have an interesting hair cut right now!  Perhaps we can trim more when you're sleeping.  :-P  I had to vacuum the downstairs again once we tried to cut your hair.

Daddy made homemade pasta and lasagna this evening and it was good!  Joshua, you were grumpy all afternoon and wouldn't take a nap.  I rocked you at 6pm and you finally fell asleep on me!  I put you in your toddler bed (you've still been noodling into your bed), but you only lasted one hour.  Once you woke up, we watched some cartoons and then went to bed.

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment