Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mission Field


Dearest Miracles~

Little lady .... you did it again!  I woke up at 5am this morning to use the restroom.  When I got up, I realized I was immediately in pain ..... you never woke up for an early morning nursing session!  It was good you kept sleeping because I needed the sleep, but it was bad because I was leaking milk everywhere and hurting so much!  I went straight into the playroom and pump to alleviate the pressure (I didn't even use the restroom until afterward since I was in so much pain!).  Since I had enough mommy milk in the fridge for you already, I ended up freezing the majority.  You eventually did wake up and then I nursed you before heading to work.  :-P

Today was a much better day than yesterday!  Work went smoother and I did a great root canal treatment on tooth #11 for a patient.  In case you don't know, tooth #11 is the maxillary left permanent canine.  :-)

You all had fun with Penny too.  You three went to the park and took some naps.  You had music time and story time.  Penny noted that Grace is beginning to find her hands.  She stares at them now probably wondering what they are.  :-)

I stopped and picked up some sandwiches for dinner this evening and Joshua ate a little bit of the turkey.  Joshua, you had some beautiful giggles this evening as we relaxed in the play room.

A friend of mine forwarded a wonderful article about motherhood being a mission field.  I wanted to share a little of what the article said with you both:

"If you are a Christian woman who loves the Lord, the gospel is important to you.  At the very heart of the gospel is sacrifice, and there is perhaps no occupation in the world so intrinsically sacrificial as motherhood. Motherhood is a wonderful opportunity to live the gospel.  Motherhood provides you with an opportunity to lay down the things that you cannot keep on behalf of the people that you cannot lose. They are eternal souls, they are your children, they are your mission field.  Look at your children in faith, and see how many people will be ministered to by your ministering to them. How many people will your children know in their lives? How many grandchildren are represented in the faces around your table now?  Lay yourself down for the people here with you .... rejoice in them. Sacrifice for them.  Do not think that your work does not matter.  Offered with thankfulness, your work at home is only the beginning."

I was amazed when I read this!  How true it is and I honestly hadn't thought of that before!  You two are my 'mission field' in life!  I can't even fathom how many lives you all with touch as you grow older .... and because of that, it's my job to help you grow in faith and to love Jesus Christ as your savior!  How amazing!  What a blessing you two truly are!  God is so good and I pray that you two will know Him more and more as you grow into adulthood .... though I don't want you all growing up too fast!  ;-)  

Sleep tight my precious children!

I love you both more than you'll ever know!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment