Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4 Months


Dearest Precious Gifts~

Grace .... Happy Four Months!  You're getting big fast!  I can't believe you are already 4 months old!  It seems like yesterday I was still feeling you kick around in the womb.  You two are so cute and adorable.  ;-)

You're still waking up at all hours of the night.  We were up at 1:45am.  I changed your diaper and then nursed you back to sleep.  I could barely keep my eyes open I was so exhausted.  I have some puzzles on my phone that I do sometimes to keep myself awake.  So far, I've completed 150 puzzles.  :-P

Joshua, you were the opposite this morning.  You slept in and then I was rushing to get you two to Joshua's appointments on time.  :-P

The appointments went well.  I wasn't doing your brush work correctly.  I'm suppose to use more pressure when putting it against your skin.  We have a new occupational therapist, Mary Beth (Michelle moved to the Raleigh office and we go to the Wake Forest office).  She showed me again and you sat still for her (distracted with a toy of course).  So, we'll continue to work on that.  For Kim, you ate a LOT of applesauce!  Good job little man!  I'm going to make some things this weekend to bring in for next week.  We're going to see how well you do with chunkier foods. 

We made a quick trip to Target right afterward.  Grace needed diapers and daddy and I needed bread and milk.  I picked up some more applesauce since Joshua was eating it.  :-)

Once home, we all played upstairs as I nursed Grace.  It was getting too hot upstairs, so we came downstairs and played once Grace was done.

Joshua, I almost forgot, you're getting another molar in on the bottom!  You now have two mandibular molars erupting!  Woo hoo!  Grace, you did tummy time and then practiced your sitting in the bumbo chair.  I did a quick pump and Joshua helped me clean downstairs.  He also helped me make my lunches for this week.  Grace wanted to be held the majority of the time, so these chores took a while.  :-P

It started to thunder at 4pm.  Yes, Joshua was still awake.  He didn't go down for a nap until right afterward .... around 4:15pm.  Wow!  What a late nap!  Once he was asleep, it really got dark outside and started to storm.  I then nursed Grace and closed my eyes too.  :-)

Mimi is in the hospital today.  She has a kidney stone so she'll need surgery next week.  Keep her in your prayers.

Joshua, you amazed us this evening .... you ate an entire 4oz container of applesauce in one minute with dinner!  You also had goldfish and some hotdog.  You didn't want the pasta though.

Daddy did your brush work and joint exercises with this evening and I did another quick pump.  We won't need to thaw much mommy milk for tomorrow.  :-)

Joshua, you were hyper this evening and fought sleep.  It was after 11pm before you were sleeping.

I saw something today that really bothered me .... I was looking at the news online and a headline came up that a toddler was killed in an automobile accident when an SUV flipped.  I was so hurt by that headline.  I didn't read the article because the headline was so bad.  This evening, I lost my temper for a second.  I didn't screw on Joshua's sippy cup lid tight enough and it started to spill everyone when he tried to drink from it.  Milk was on the kitchen floor and I got mad at myself (it was completely my fault).  I put it on tight and then handed it to Joshua.  He took a few sips and then threw the sippy cup down on the floor as I was trying to clean the milk and he started to laugh.  I got mad and yelled, "Joshua no!  Go over there with your sister!"  As soon as the words were out of my mouth, the headline of that article appeared in my head and I started to cry!  I immediately picked Joshua up and hugged him.  I kept saying in his ears, "I'm sorry!  I'm sorry!  Mommy is so sorry!"  I couldn't stop crying.  I don't know why I lost my temper like that, and I didn't mean to.  I apologize to the both of you.  Please forgive my outburst.  You all didn't deserve that.  I will try to be a better mother to you both.  I couldn't imagine my life without you all and I love you both so dearly! 

Sleep tight little angels!

I love you both so very much!

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Honey, if that's the worst thing you do as a mother, you are doing well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete