Friday, June 24, 2011

Half Day


Dearest Angels~

You two decided to wake up early today.  :-P  Grace, you were up at 3am hungry.  Daddy changed your diaper and then I nursed you.  Joshua, you ate breakfast after 7am and we were all back upstairs by 8am.  You didn't want any cheerios, but you at least took down a sippy cup.

This morning we had more music time together.  I put another CD on in the play room and we all danced!  Joshua stomped his feet again as I swayed with Grace.  I made another pillow fort on the floor and Joshua and I had fun rolling around on them.  ;-)  Grace did tummy time on a blanket next to us.  I had to be sure that Joshua won't roll on her though.  ;-)

I noticed a little raised bump on the back of Joshua's left leg.  I didn't see any others on him, so it appears to just be a bug bite.  I know you all went to the park with Penny, so a little bug might have gotten on you.  I'll check it tomorrow as well to make sure it isn't something more serious or getting larger.  

Joshua, we had a good therapy session this morning.  You finished your carrots for me and even ate a little bit of green beans.  :-)  You also ate a lot of gold fish crackers and then took down a boost.  Yippie!

While we were downstairs, I ran the dishes (we ran out of sippy cups) and then took out the trash.  We came back upstairs and I nursed Grace.  Once she was full and playing around, I did some joint pressure exercises with Joshua and used his therapressure brush for sensory work.  I brushed your legs and arms with no problems.  When I started to brush you back you slowly closed your eyes and the next thing I knew you had fallen asleep!  You fell asleep just shy of noon.  I guess you were tired from waking up earlier.  :-P  I tried to clip your nails while you were sleeping, but you weren't cooperative.  You must not have been in a deep sleep when I tried.  I actually ended up waking you up after an hour of napping.  Sorry!

Daddy worked half day today, so he was home by 1:30pm.  After everyone ate something, we ran to a car store (my car needs an oil change and the tires rotated) to pick up a filter and oil.  Daddy and Grandpa Mike are going to help change everything in my car over the weekend .... I'm actually 1,000 miles overdue.  Yikes!  Then, we all went to the grocery store and refilled Joshua's prevacid prescription.  I hope the medication is working.  I wonder how much you weigh now. 

Back home I took more pictures of you all with daddy.  We also had more music time together in the play room.  

Guess who came for dinner?  Our friend Allison!  You all remember Allison .... daddy and I have known her since elementary school!  She came by to see you all after Grace was born.  She's back in NC working on her thesis so we'll be able to see her more often (she was in West Virginia for school).  She brought dinner over and Joshua ate a little mac and cheese.  Then he had fun showing Allison how far he can throw all his toys in the living room and the kitchen.  Yes, little man, we're still working on the concept of 'gently' placing things down or putting things back in their place.  ;-)  You two have gotten bigger since the last time she saw you all.  Grace, you're now too long for the 'Peanut' outfit that she gave you.  :-P

After visiting, we relaxed in the play room.  Joshua eventually fell into a deep sleep and daddy and I finished trimming his finger and toe nails!  ;-) 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment