Sunday, June 26, 2011

Transferred


Dearest Blessings~

Little lady, you were up at 1:55am this morning hungry.  Daddy changed your diaper before I nursed you.  Did you know what time it was?  :-P  Your second feeding was around 6am, so I was able to get about 3 hours of sleep between the two.  

Joshua, you had another good breakfast .... you ate some more cereal with fruit and whole milk mixed in it.  You didn't finish your bowl, but you came really close so we're counting it as a success.  ;-)

This morning I was able to get a pump in to build up mommy milk for wednesday.  This is a never ending cycle.  ;-)  But, it's the best thing for you to eat right now, so we're going to keep on going! 

Daddy ended up driving with Grandpa Mike to the coast today.  Mimi went down there with a friend and got sick (note, Mimi was sick before she left and still went out of town).  :-P  Daddy was at Grandpa Mike's house when Mimi called.  They were changing the oil and filter in my car.  Since Mimi's friend doesn't drive, they had to go down there to pick them up and drive up the second car.  Note, Mimi's friend has a valid driver's license, but just didn't want to drive Mimi's car.  :-P  So, daddy ended up being in a car for about 8 hours yesterday.  He wasn't too happy about that since he missed you all for an entire day.  :-(  We were planning on spending the day together as a family.   :-P

Here's some advice for when you two are older .... sometimes in-laws will aggravate you.  This isn't the first time Mimi has spoiled our weekend plans.  Remember when she just walked into our house with no warning with (Great) Alyson while we were visiting with Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James.  I was pretty irritated.  Well, your Mimi has also 'diagnosed' Grace has having colic and Joshua as being autistic.  Yes, autistic.  She actually told us that he was autistic twice!  Honestly, I don't know what her problem is.  Just know that I love you two very much and I protect and defend you two at any chance I have.  Also, I know I'm biased, but .... you may want to hang out with Gigi more .... she's one fun lady and doesn't 'diagnose' you all with unnecessary and inaccurate medical conditions.  :-P

The three of us stayed here while daddy was out.  Grace fell asleep during some tummy time and ended up taking a nap on her belly.  Joshua and I had music and free play time as she napped (I watched her the entire time though to make sure she was 'ok' on her belly).  Joshua and I made a pillow fort and he helped me organize a few things.

Joshua, you really surprised me today .... you ate a lot of hotdog at lunch!  In fact, you finished your container!  Way to go!  You also took down a boost.  I nursed Grace and then we did joint pressure exercises and brush exercises with Joshua.  He fell asleep and took a nap after the exercises.

As Joshua napped, Grace practiced sitting in her bumbo chair and did more tummy time.  I paid the mortgage and was even able to put some money into savings!  Woo hoo!  Daddy and I have a goal on how much we want to have in savings by the end of the year.  :-)

Here's the big news .... as I was playing with Grace, she transferred a toy ring from one hand to the other!  Yippie!  You are so smart and you're getting so strong!  I'm so proud of you little lady!  :-)  You smiled too so I think you were proud of your new accomplishment.  ;-)

Once Joshua woke up, we headed to Gigi's house to visit.  Joshua loves to look at Uncle James's fish tank that's set up in the kitchen.  Right now there's only one fish in there, but there's plans of expanding.  ;-)

Joshua didn't eat much and didn't want his sippy cup.  Though he ate more late this evening when we were back home.

Grace, you really surprised me .... you screamed with a bottle!  I was shocked because you had one yesterday at the party!  But this evening you really wailed and screamed.  Three of us tried to give you a bottle and you just wouldn't latch on.  So, I ended up taking you upstairs and nursing you as Joshua played with Gigi, Grandpa Jim, and Uncle James. 

We got home late .... probably after 8pm.  Daddy hadn't been home long.  Grandpa Mike drove him back to our house once they got back from Beaufort (where Mimi was).  Daddy got sunburned and was really tired when we walked in.  I hope he has a better day tomorrow, even though he has to go to work.  I think seeing you two brightened his day.  I know he hated missing you all on a weekend day.  Maybe we can plan something nice to do next weekend as a family?  If you have any ideas just let me know.  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy