Saturday, June 4, 2011

Growth Spurt?


Dearest Blessings~

Well, I managed to get to bed at 10:45pm last night.  Grace, you then woke up at 1:40am!  Daddy got up and changed you (woo hoo!  I got some help!) and then I nursed you.  You finished eating around 2:15am.  I leaned back against the headboard and closed my eyes.  I ended up falling asleep with you on my chest until 3:18am when I startled myself back awake.  :-P  I put you back in the bassinet but was back up and feeding you at 4:08am!  Are you going through a growth spurt, or do you just not want me to sleep?  I went back to bed at 5am, but you woke me up at 7:30am with a big poopy diaper.  I was so tired!  I had some hot chocolate with breakfast to help wake me up.  ;-)

Grandpa Jim came over mid-morning to help with our garage.  We had a lot of boxes and bags in there that we wanted to donate to Good Will so other families can be using the items.  But, we haven't had the chance or resources to move everything.  Grandpa Jim drives a truck, so he came over and he and I moved everything that needed to go.  Whew!  Our garage is already looking better.  ;-)  There are a few more 'bigger' items that need to go, but that will wait for another weekend.

We manged to get out around lunch to Target to get some groceries for the house.  We also picked up some extra supplies so we can bake some homemade bread this week, make a lasagna one day, and do a crock pot dinner tomorrow.  Also, we picked up a new trash can for the kitchen with a lid since Joshua likes to throw toys in the other one, or just play with the bag!

We ate a quick lunch once home and then everyone relaxed.  We ran you all's laundry and I vacuumed the downstairs.  Daddy marinated some turkey breast and then grilled them outside with hotdogs for Joshua.  I did the veggies and couscous inside.  It was a great and healthy dinner!  Joshua even ate a lot of hotdog!  We got him the 'turkey' hotdog since that's what he ate before.  :-)

This evening we turned on the Wii video game machine.  Joshua's seen it before, but Grace never has.  We all have little 'Wii characters' so we made one for Grace.  It has spiky hair since your hair sticks up!  So cute! 

We put in a workout game .... the Wii Fit .... and it told us that it's been exactly one year since we used it last!  Ha!  That makes sense though since this time last year we were getting ready to move and packing things up.  And, I didn't use it while pregnant with Grace. 

Anyway, we put you two on there and it said that Joshua was 22 lbs and Grace was 13 lbs!  It also said that I had lost 2 lbs since I was on there last time!  Too bad it didn't see me 4 months ago when I was big and pregnant!  Ha!  

Joshua, I can see a little molar breaking the gingiva!  I was wondering when you were going to grow some more teeth!  

You poor little thing .... Joshua, you had a poopy diaper with huge red rash this evening.  You cried and cried as I cleaned you and daddy coated your bottom with desitin (a diaper rash cream).  I cuddled with you in bed as you fell asleep and you were so sweet.  I hope it looks better in the morning, or we might have to see a doctor.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment