Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Solstice


Dearest Blessings~

Today is the summer solstice.  That means that today is the longest day of the year .... the day still has 24 hours in it, but the sun is out longer so the 'day' longer and the 'night' is shorter.  :-)

Grace, you woke at 3am hungry.  Daddy changed your diaper and then I nursed you.  Joshua, when you woke up (several hours later) you did not want any cheerios with me .... you kept spitting them out which I thought was odd since you ate a lot yesterday.

You did do well with your OT and ST appointments though.  We got to meet Mary Beth, who will be your new occupational therapist since Michelle is leaving the office.  She's very nice and you liked her.  You were more receptive to things .... you let Michelle bounce you on the trampoline and you didn't fuss much with the therapy brush and deep pressure exercises.  :-)  She gave us more exercises, so we'll need to practice them this week.  For Kim and I, you ate half a container of carrots!  You got them all over (again), but I wore one of daddy's shirts .... don't tell him!  ;-)

Grace, you had a huge poopy diaper right as we pulled into the parking lot .... again!  Good thing I anticipated it!  You two are now making it a habit for Joshua to have a huge poop right before we leave and then Grace right when we get there!  ;-P  Oh, Kim said that Grace was a good baby .... I, of course, agreed!  

Since we were out, and while you two were behaving, I made a quick trip to Target.  Joshua, you're running low on diapers and I won't make it to the store the next two days since I'll be working.  So, I picked up a box for you and some more vanilla boost.  I picked up some nursing tops for me and a new pillow since one of ours was getting kind of old.  :-P  

Once we got home, I made a pillow fort in the play room from all the pillows in the house.  At the therapy office, they have 'crash pads' (which look like long bean bags or long pillows) for Joshua to crawl and walking around on to help strengthen his muscles.  I tried to create our own with all the pillows.  Hopefully it'll work.  Joshua, you were a little apprehensive at first, but you got into it more when I started to crawl around too.  

We were home after 12:30pm and I immediately changed everyone's diapers and outfits.  You two still get hot in the car even with the extra fan on .... it was almost 100 degrees today!  Then, I nursed Grace.

This afternoon was so fun .... I put two 'folk' CDs on for us to listen to.  We had music and dance time in the play room!  Joshua, you stomped your feet around and I swayed with Grace!  It was so cute!  Grace, you also did a lot of tummy time and I took more pictures of the two of you.  Joshua, you kept wanting to touch the camera lens.  :-P  I then did a pump so we'll only need to thaw one container of mommy milk for tomorrow while I'm at work.  :-)

Joshua, you took a later nap so I took Grace downstairs and cooked dinner.  We made bacon, eggs, veggies, and the rest of the potato casserole.  Grace, you were quiet and content when I started but then started to cry and fuss right when I in the middle of dinner.  Of course I had a hot stove on and trying to cut the veggies when you started.  :-P  I rushed to finish and then nursed her upstairs.  I was surprised that her crying didn't wake up Joshua!

Mimi made a quick stop here this evening to bring some meals over that she had made.  We froze them to use for later in the week.  Then, we relaxed in the play room until bed time.

Tomorrow I head to work and I will miss you two so much!  But, I know you all will have fun with Penny!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment