Monday, August 8, 2011

Speech Therapy


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

I woke up to use restroom this morning and when I leaned over to see what Grace was up to, she was still sleeping away .... it was 6:30am!  I started to feel some pain as I walked around so I changed her diaper to wake her on purpose.  It was either that or pump.  :-P   

We had a busy morning trying to get things done before Joshua's speech therapy appointment.  I got a quick pump in to build up mommy milk for Grace for wednesday.  Tried to organize some things around the house.  Surprisingly, Joshua did not fight me this morning when I brushed his teeth.  Yippie!  :-) Joshua ate some cheerios with me this morning at breakfast.  It wasn't much, but it was a start.  

We did some other quick morning chores around the house and then left for Joshua's speech therapy appointment with Kim.  We practiced our sign language and expressive speech skills.  Joshua, you get frustrated with the sign language and don't like us moving your hands.  I told Kim that over this past week, Joshua did make the 'more' sign for daddy and I one time on saturday (I believe it was saturday).  I don't know if he actually knew what he was doing, or just did it and smiled because we were doing it so many times.  I never saw him do it again, or any other signs, all week.  She was encouraged that he did the 'more' sign even if it was just once.  We have a few more signs to learn and she gave me a sheet with the motions.  We'll continue to practice.  

Joshua, for lunch you ate some hotdog pieces .... not many .... and then drank a boost.  While downstairs, we had lots of music time and then I did some chores as you two were playing.  I steamed the downstairs study carpet three times and sprayed disinfectant twice.  I hope this is helping!  It still smells in there.

Grace, you had lots of tummy time as Joshua helped me sweep and vacuum the kitchen.  I swear, I think I'm constantly cleaning this house.  ;-)

I wrote down our potato tot recipe from yesterday since it turned out great!  We've named it the 'Famous Watson Potato Puff Casserole' .... we can continue to tweak the recipe as you two get older.  ;-)

I checked on cat on the porch.  I cleaned out his litter box .... which did have pee and poop in there .... and gave him fresh water.  I don't know if he's 'learning' or is just trying to be 'good' to come back inside.  If I bring him inside after doing all this on the carpet and he goes back in there .... I'll be very tempted to just put him right back outside again.  

Grace, you like to try to talk.  I keep saying 'mama' to you over and over again.  ;-)  I do that for Joshua too since he doesn't yet.  ;-)

Joshua, you never took nap today.  I hope you sleep tonight.  Our new ceiling fan for the play room came today.  We didn't have time to put it up today, so we'll probably work on it in the next few days.

We played this evening in the bonus room.  Then, daddy read more Bible stories before bed.  Tomorrow we have two more therapy appointments.  I hope everything goes well.

Sleep tight little one!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment