Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mandolin & BBQ


Dearest Precious Gifts~

I ended up holding Grace all night so I woke up with a pretty sore back.  You two were completely successful in not sleeping in your own beds last night and this morning.  :-P  Daddy ended up changing Grace and then I nursed her at 5:50am.  Once we were all awake for the day I took some motrin.  :-P

We spent almost the entire day out.  My car needed an inspection in order for me to renew the plates.  So, we dropped my car off by mid morning.  It also needed new tires (which we already knew).  However, we weren't expecting some of the other things (brake pads, flushing the radiator, etc).  It never ceases to amaze me how mechanics can always find something wrong with a vehicle.  

Anyway, since they had my car, you two got to ride in daddy's car!  Grace, this was your first time in his car.  And, it was my first time since February 28th .... when daddy took me to the hospital to have you!  We just take my car every time we have to go out since that's where you all have your car seats.  Plus, I take you around to therapy appointments during the week, so it's easier to leave the seats in there. 

Since we were out, we ran some errands.  The car place was near downtown, so we stopped at a good BBQ place for lunch.  It's called 'Cooper's' and Joshua's been there before .... this was Grace's first visit.  Yummm .... BBQ!  Joshua, you had some hush puppies and french fries.  You also drank a boost.  

Right after we ate, we stopped at 'Harry's Guitar Shop' since they had one of my mandolins.  Again, Joshua, you've been here before.  Grace, this was your first time.  ;-)  Anyway, one of my mandolins had the wood separating against the back.  I bought the mandolin used, years ago, so it wouldn't have been the end of the world if it wasn't repairable .... but it was the first mandolin I ever bought, so it has some sentimental value.  It's an Eastman acoustic F-scroll with an oval sound hole .... so it's pretty too.  ;-)  

The repair man at Harry's had the mandolin for a while now trying to bend the wood back into shape and then sealing it.  He got it pretty darn close!  Some of the finish was chipped off because of the clamps he had to use, but it's together and in tune.  So, we'll see how long it lasts.  :-)

By this time it was 'nap time' for Joshua.  We weren't far from Gigi's, so we stopped at her house to see if He would go down for a nap.  Also, I needed to nurse Grace.  Joshua, you never napped, but you enjoyed seeing Uncle James's new fish.  

Grandpa Jim took Joshua out for a walk around the neighborhood.  I went with you two to visit and get some exercise myself.  We only walked about a half mile, but it was a lot for a 22 month old!  You were sweating and red when we got back little man!  You drank some milk and then Gigi gave you a nice bath (I always care a spare outfit for you two!).  ;-) 

Grace, you were so cute when Grandpa Jim came in to see you.  He waved at you and you slowly moved your hand around like you were trying to wave back!  Also, he still calls you 'Peanut' which is so cute! 

We had breakfast foods for dinner and Joshua ate a good amount of egg with us!  Woo hoo!  Lets continue to get some protein in you!  ;-)  After dinner we relaxed in the playroom.  Daddy had some music on and updated our home budget.  I did Joshua's brush exercises, joint compressions, and chew tube workout.  :-)

Grace, you also had a bath this evening .... so we got to see your fluffy hair again!  I nursed you right after and played with Joshua on an ABC toy.  Oh, I forgot to tell you, daddy clipped your nails the other night little man.  Your nails get sharp fast!  And, Grace, I don't think I ever told you, but you  sleep with your hands behind your head like you're on a hammock relaxing.  It's too cute!  ;-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment