Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake


Dearest Angels~

Well, little lady, I held you all last night and this morning.  Daddy ended up changing you at 5am and then I nursed you.  You were back up at 6:45am.  I 'nursed' you again, but I think you were just using me as a pacifier for the most part.  :-P

Joshua, you stacked blocks by yourself this morning and waved at daddy as he left for work!  It was so cute to see you wave!  You haven't done that in a while.  I also got a pump in this morning before we headed to Joshua's appointments.

I was so impressed with you at your appointments little man!  You ate puffs and green beans for Kim and I!   Woo hoo!  I gave her a list of things that we can make into flash cards for you for speech therapy.  I'll bring in a binder for next week.  Oh, and you did perfect independent drinking for us too!  You took several sips from a little cup!  :-)

You had fun, for the most part, with Mary Beth for occupational therapy.  You went on the big swing and the balance ball.  You also played in the rice and bean bucket.  She put out some pudding on a plate to see if you'd touch it .... but, nope!  You wanted nothing to do with that!  Must have been the texture.

Ugh, the cat peed on the plastic on the carpet in the study again.  I put him back out on the porch.  I moved him and his supplies out there after lunch.

Grace, you had huge poopy diaper on drive back home.  It got all over your outfit and car seat.  So, I ended up stripping the seat cover for the wash.  :-P

This afternoon we had some excitement!  We felt our very first earthquake .... yes, earthquake!  We were upstairs in the playroom.  I had just rocked Joshua to sleep and he was snoring on me (I had to sing to him as well to get him to sleep).  Grace, you were doing tummy time and playing on the floor. It was just before 2pm.  The whole room shook!  It was so weird!  Needless to say, Joshua slept through it and Grace played during it.   ;-)  But, it was certainly a first for all of us!  There was a 5.8 magnitude earthquake in Virginia, and we felt the tremor!

Once Joshua woke up, we spent some time outside.  I took you all for a 40 minute walk and then we played on the swings for about 20 minutes.  We then came back and stacked some blocks before daddy got home.

Joshua, you never cease to amaze me .... you ate a lot of hotdog for dinner .... over half of one!  We're going to have to make more if you eat this well for Penny tomorrow!

Daddy put some polish on the mandolin this evening since the sides got scraped.  It'll help protect the wood.   

I cut Grace's toe nails and finger nails this evening.  They get so sharp so fast!

Tomorrow's another work day, so Penny will be here!  I'll be home as fast as I can!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment