Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cookies


Dearest Miracles~

I woke up to thunderstorms early this morning.  It was hard for me to go back to sleep, so I stayed awake and listened to them.  I could see lightening through windows.  Grace, I don't know if you've ever really seen rain before since it's been to hot out.  These might be your first storms.  :-)

I eventually fell back asleep and woke back up again at 6:30am to use the restroom.  Grace, you were still sleeping!  I started leaking and having pain so I quickly changed your diaper to wake you.  Sorry!  Then, I nursed you!  :-)

Once people were awake, you two helped me prepare the crock pot for a pot roast.  We also cleaned up the kitchen.  Daddy read to you two as I was organizing.  :-)

Grace, you tried some more rice cereal this morning.  Again, I'm not sure how much actually went into our mouth, but as least you're trying!  And, you open your mouth wide for me .... perhaps you can teach Joshua to open that big to eat!  :-P

Joshua, you did eat some cheerios with me this morning at breakfast though!  I was so happy you were eating something!  We each had a little bowl and sat on the floor in the living room as Grace was doing some tummy time.  :-)

Daddy went to get his oil changed this morning and was back by lunch time.  After lunch, we all went to Lowes .... yes, we've been to this store several times of the past week!  We ended up ordering a big fan for the play room online last night since they didn't have any in stock, but they do have some door hardware on sale.  We bought nine door handles and we switched out all the remaining ones in the house.  Now, all the handles match .... and they're pretty, decorative nickel (not the ugly brass we had before).  We only need to change the two 'dummy' handles on the linen closet.  

This afternoon we made chocolate chip cookies!  Joshua eats the free ones in the bakery at Target, so we decided to just make some here to see if he'd eat them.  Yep!  You like cookies little man .... just like your mommy!  ;-)

After dinner we all went outside to stretch our legs.  I walked you two up to the park as daddy took care of some weeds around the house.  Joshua, I think you picked up every piece of trash at the park.  You managed to find one plastic piece and two rubber pieces.  When I took them from you to throw them out, you yelled.  :-P

We all got eaten by the bugs, and it was about 88 degrees out, so all four of us needed a bath when we got back home!  I gave Grace a bath as daddy took a shower.  Then, daddy gave Joshua a bath as I took a shower.  :-)  All four of us had fluffy hair!

Afterward, we relaxed in the bonus room.  :-)  Oh, almost forgot, we moved the cat into the screened in porch area.  He continues to poop in the study .... no where near the litter box .... and the room also smells of cat pee.  So, he's out there now so we can try to clean the carpet better.  We'll eventually tear out the carpet, since it's ruined, but we don't have the finances now.  We'll see what happens.  If we can at least get that smell out I'll be happier.  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment