Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Half A Pound


Dearest Blessings~

Whoa Grace!  You didn't wake up until 6am this morning!  Wow!  Daddy changed you and then I nursed you.  I had some pain from not nursing you earlier, but at least I didn't leak through my shirt like I've done in the past.  Perhaps my body is adjusting to your sleep schedule?

Joshua, you noodled into our bed last night and curled up right next to me as you slept.  It was cute and I enjoyed having you there since I'm usually holding or walking around with Grace.  I don't always get to hold you .... you're usually running around everywhere!  :-P

Joshua, you eventually woke up .... you slept in a little.  You played around as I was getting ready and stood on the scale in the bathroom.  I leaned over to see what it said.  It registered you as 22.5 lbs!  Woo hoo!  That means you've gained an additional half a pound!  :-)  We'll take it! 

So, you did well with your OT appointment with Mary Beth.  You were a little hesitant with some of the things.  You're usually more active with the rice and bean bucket, but today you didn't want to play in it as much.  We didn't have our usual food appointment with Kim.  Today she evaluated your language ability, both in recognition and expression.  Just like what the Bayley test found, your recognition scored high (you understand things when you see it or hear it) but your expression scored low (you can't verbalize what you understand).  So, we're adding a second speech therapy appointment to our weekly mix.  On mondays, we have a speech therapy appointment with Kim to work on your verbal skills.  On tuesdays, we have an occupational therapy appointment with Mary Beth and then another speech therapy appointment with Kim to work on your food avoidance.  Our weeks are getting busier.  

We're starting you on some sign language.  She taught me three signs that we're suppose to work as our home work for this week .... please, more, and all done.  You get frustrated with them (I tried them out at dinner), but we need to keep working on them.  I do the motion and say the words at the same time.  Then, I help you make the motion and say the words again.

Oh, the cat continues to poop outside the box.  Ugh!  I don't know what we should do with him.  

You all helped me wrap a gift for Penny.  She just had two new grandbabies this month!  One girl and one boy!  We gave her a boy gift to pass along already, so tomorrow we'll pass on the girl gift.  How exciting!

Joshua fell asleep around 2:30pm for a nap.  I had to help him fall asleep though .... I sang to him and rubbed his back.  I played with Grace as he slept .... we had some swing time and tummy time.  Then, we went downstairs for a snack and some water.  Joshua continued to sleep as I nursed Grace.

We all had leftovers for dinner.  Oh, Uncle James got new fish for his tank.  He sent me a picture.  We'll have to find some time to go over there to see them in person.  Joshua loves to look at the fish in the tank!  :-)
 
We played in the bonus room this evening and then got ready for bed.  Tomorrow I head to work, so you two will be with Penny.  I'll rush home as fast as I can!  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment