Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene


Dearest Blessings~

Grace, you were up and at it at 4:50am this morning.  Daddy changed your diaper and I nursed you.  I listened to it rain outside.  The wind was howling too .... Hurricane Irene made landfall today on the coast.  It started as a tropical storm.  Then, it progressed to a Class III hurricane as it traveled and picked up strength.  By the time it touch land it was a Class I.  Our Wilmington relatives, (Great) Aunt Beth, Cousin Chris, and Cousin Stephanie, remained safe and kept their power.  God is good!  :-)

Oh my oh my .... Grace .... you had your first tumble this morning!  I put you down in the toddler bed (which is low to the ground) as daddy and I were brushing our teeth this morning.  I went to go brush Joshua's teeth and in a second, you had rolled off the bed!  You were fine .... you cried and daddy got you .... but you rolled so fast that we didn't see it coming.  That's the last time we'll try that!  I nursed you afterward and you were fine.

It was so windy today.  It rained too, but nothing too heavy.  Just a constant rain all day.  We had our power flicker on and off a few times in the morning.  Good thing we brought all the porch and deck chairs into the garage last night.  They would have blown everywhere!

We all did chores around house today and just stayed inside.  You two helped us with some of the chores.  Here's what we got accomplished today:
-straightened different rooms in the house
-folded laundry
-swept kitchen
-vacuumed living room
-vacuumed the play room
-started to go through you all's clothes .... we tried to see what still fit you all and what we need to get you two

Daddy and I trimmed some of Joshua's hair.  We waited until he had fallen asleep for a nap.  It isn't perfect, but at least it's not in his eyes anymore!

Joshua, you ate a good lunch for us!  You had lots of hotdog and goldfish.  You also had a pretty good dinner.  Daddy made some chicken, potatoes, and veggies.  Joshua, you ate some more hotdog and had some chicken!  Woo hoo!  Way to go little man!

We all watched the Disney movie 'Tangled' this afternoon.  Then, we all played this evening and daddy read to us before bedtime. 

The weather is suppose to be nice tomorrow, but hot.  I hope it's not too hot!  ;-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment