Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beautiful Day


Dearest Blessings~

Guess what today is .... today is Grandpa Mike's 60th birthday!  Daddy called him to wish him a happy birthday.  He and Mimi are in New Orleans to celebrate.  We'll celebrate with him when he's back in town.

And, guess what else happened .... Grace, you slept in your bassinet last night!  Woo hoo!  I didn't nurse you until 6:45am!  ;-)

You're starting to push around now.  It looks like the beginning of crawling.  You can definitely get yourself around with the rolling and pushing.  Sometimes I put you down in the middle of a blanket and in a flash you're off the blanket half way across the room with a toy.  ;-)

You two helped daddy and I with some chores this morning.  We straightened up the house, folded some laundry, organized some toys, and daddy even cleaned the shower.  Once those chores were done, I nursed Grace as Joshua stacked blocks with daddy.  Joshua, you stacked 6 blocks before they toppled over!  Good job little man!

Grace, I've noticed that your hair appears to be a little lighter.  I wonder if it'll get blonder or if you'll keep some of that strawberry tint to it.

We had a late morning walk.  We went up to the shopping center right outside our subdivision and then back home.  It was about 2 miles round trip.  It was such a beautiful day!  It's so hard to get out and enjoy the weather early in the day (before it gets hot) during the week because we travel mondays and tuesdays for therapy appointments, and wednesdays and thursdays I'm at work.  I hope I can get you all out more this fall.  Fall is such a beautiful season.  :-)

Once home, you all got changed into new diapers and outfits.  Then, we prepared a 'potato puff' casserole for dinner.  We tried sausage in it this time and it turned out pretty good!  Daddy also grilled a steak and some hotdogs for Joshua.

This afternoon we did some things around the house since it was warm outside (daddy was able to finish mowing the lawn earlier in the day after our walk while it was cooler ..... he couldn't finish the other day because the mower needed oil).  We did more laundry and vacuumed the stairs.  Joshua, I did your brush exercises, joint compressions, and chewy tube work.  I also managed to get two pump sessions in so Grace would have some fresh milk for wednesday.  :-)

Daddy made some homemade pumpkin bread after dinner.  I nursed Grace and Joshua stacked more blocks with daddy as the bread was baking.  Oh, Joshua, you have some really cute tan lines on your feet from your sandals.  ;-) 

Joshua, you ate pretty well this afternoon for lunch, but you were crabby at dinner .... mainly because you fought a nap all day long and never took one!  I ended up rocking with you on the couch and you fell asleep on me at 8pm!  I put you in your bed and you woke up at 10pm crying.  Once daddy picked you up and put you in our bed you were snoring in a few minutes.  :-P  Grace, you were also awake at that time since I was nursing you. 

It thunder stormed this evening, but it didn't last long.  We needed the rain, so I was hoping it would storm longer.  :-P

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment