Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No More Fever


Dearest Blessings~

I woke up at 4:30am still holding little Grace.  I took her temperature and it went down to 98.4 degrees!  She still felt warm to me, so I gave her a little more tylenol, changed her diaper, and then nursed her.  She woke up crying at 7am, but she calmed down once I gave her a toy.  I nursed you, little lady, and then you fell asleep.  Joshua was still sleeping too, so we all 'slept in' a little since we didn't have a great evening with Grace's fever.  We were all tired.  I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.  Once Joshua did wake up, we were really rushing to make it to his therapy appointments.  Grace wasn't warm by 9am, so I kept Joshua's appointments.  If she was still warm, I would have called to cancel.

Grace, you had a poopy diaper during Joshua's occupational therapy appointment with Mary Beth.  I changed you before we went into Kim's room for Joshua's food aversion appointment.  :-P  

Joshua, you did great today!  You ate a lot of apple sauce for Kim and I!  You also did well with your independent drinking with a little cup of water!  Kim also gave us more flash cards and we have one for goldfish crackers and one for hotdog!  Ha!  Mary Beth asked if you had gotten a hair cut.  I told her we tried to cut your hair when you fell asleep over the weekend!  :-)

Mary Beth did some therapy ball exercises with you .... we can do these at home too since we got a ball at Target over the weekend.  You climbed over the 'crash pillows' and explored the rice/bean bucket. 

This afternoon we got some things done around the house.  I vacuumed the play room and ran some laundry.  Joshua, I did your brush exercises, joint compressions, chewy tube work (this helps strengthen your jaw muscles), and we did your flash cards.  :-)

We went to Target late in the afternoon .... Joshua never took a nap!  I picked up some things to make a crock pot lasagna for friday's dinner.  My cousin Julia and her husband Geoff are coming into town and are going to stay with us that evening!  Woo hoo!  Joshua, we went to their wedding last year in Virginia.  Grace, they obviously haven't met you yet.  ;-)  So, friday morning we'll prepare the crock pot and clean the house.  They'll probably be here late in the afternoon.  Oh, Joshua, you ate a cookie while at Target.  ;-)

Once home, we made a potato puff casserole for dinner and I got a quick pump in for Grace.  I also tried Grace on some ricer cereal again, but we weren't as successful as yesterday.  :-P

We saw Uncle Brennan this evening.  He came over and visited for a while before his soccer game.  Joshua danced to some music and Grace almost sat up!  I forgot to mention, when we were playing earlier, it looked like Grace was trying to wave at me!  How precious!

Tomorrow I head back to work so Penny will be here.  I'll come home as fast as I can!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you two so very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment