Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fun At The Park


Dearest Gifts~

Grace, I had to keep holding you last night and I was so exhausted.  :-P  I put you in the bassinet around 2:30am this morning.  I love holding you, I was just so tired at the time that I needed to rest.  I love seeing your smiles and hearing you talk .... Joshua, too .... you two are so adorable .... I just need some rest some times.  ;-)

Joshua, you made it in your bed for about 30 minutes last night!  I don't know why you wake up and start crying.  Daddy and I are right there since your bed is now in our room.  

We made another Target run this morning after everyone had their breakfast.  We're going to try to clean that carpet as best we can in the study since the cat has peed and pooped in there countless times. It smells so bad.  Right now, the cat is still on the screened in porch and he used his litter box last night!  He whines while out there, but to be completely honest, I like him out there.  There's a little bit of peace in the house and no litter box to worry about .... when it's in the house, Joshua runs up to it and toys end up in it.  Also, it's nice not hearing a meow every morning when daddy's in the shower and it's also nice not to have a cat jump on the bed and bite my feet in the middle of the night!  I could have him live out there indefinitely.  

Once we were back from Target, Gigi, Uncle James, and Grandpa Jim came over to help us.  Gigi has a steamer.  We moved one of the loveseats upstairs into the nursery (there's room in there since Joshua's bed is in our room).  Then, we moved all the furniture from the study to the dining room.  We steam cleaned the carpet several time and then sprayed a disinfectant numerous times along the carpet.  We continued this process throughout the day all afternoon and evening.  We'll continue it tomorrow as well.  It still smells in there.  We'll eventually have to tear up the carpet since it's ruined.  Perhaps next year we can do that.

While here, Gigi gave Grace a bottle as Joshua napped.  Gigi had to rock Joshua to sleep.  I visited with Gigi as the boys watched some television upstairs.

Once people left, I made a tater tot casserole for dinner.  It was really good!  Of course, Joshua didn't eat any.  I don't know if I see any improvement with his eating.  He really fusses with the spoon now.  We'll see what Kim says this week at his food aversion session on tuesday.

After dinner we walked to the park.  Joshua, you walked all around and then went on the swing.  Grace, you stayed in the stroller.  I took pictures of you all and daddy.  When we got back, we relaxed in the play room.  Once Joshua fell asleep, daddy cut his nails.

Tomorrow we have our first true speech therapy appointment with Kim, since all our other appointments have been more 'food aversion' sessions.  We've been practicing our sign language, but Joshua resists it.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I love the image of the cat "wining" on the screened-in porch ... I could see that guy enjoying a few glasses of riesling after an arduous day moving from sun patch to sun patch.

    ReplyDelete