Saturday, August 13, 2011

Player Piano


Dearest Precious Children~

It's very hard to keep my eyes open at 2:20am.  :-P  But, I managed to do so as I stayed up to nurse Grace.  I changed you quickly in the nursery and then fed you as the boys were sleeping.  It was after 3am before you were finished.  I held you afterward so I could get some 'rest' even though you were squirmy as you slept.  You woke again at 6:15am and I nursed you a second time.  At that point I just stayed awake.

Daddy made some pancakes for breakfast and Joshua ate a little bit of one.  He also ate some cheerios.  :-)  Everyone had a nice bath this morning after breakfast and then daddy tried to cut Joshua's hair.  He at least got the back part cut so it wouldn't be long against his neck.  It's too hot to have long hair.  :-P  Joshua, you did not want to stay still, but daddy did the best that he could.  We may have to wait until you're sleeping before we attempt the front.  Joshua, I did your brush exercises and joint compressions this morning as well.  :-)

We had a road trip today.  We were invited to (Great) Uncle David's house in Hillsborough for lunch.  Your Great Grandfather from Tennessee was in town.  The last time he and Rosemary were in town, they got to see Grace but not Joshua.  The last time they had seen Joshua he was still crawling around!  Now, you run all over the place!  ;-)

It stormed as we were driving up there, but we still made it by 12:30pm.  Gigi, Uncle James, (Great) Uncle Laurence and (Great) Aunt Marti, cousins Erik and Mia, and Kevin were there too.  They were all happy to see you both.  There was lots of food and everything was so good!  ;-)

We saw some wild turkey as we were driving up to his house.  We also saw some deer in the back yard and some humming birds near his house!  Humming birds are so cool!  Daddy said he's seen a few at our house, but I haven't seen any.  We may have to get a feeder if we have them here!

We had some fun with (Great) Uncle David's player piano.  We sang a few songs together, though we're not that great at singing.  ;-)  The important thing was that we were having fun together and enjoying each others company.  Nobody cared whether we were in tune .... we were just having fun!  ;-)

Now, your Gigi can actually play the piano.  In fact, she and your Great Grandfather are probably the most truly musical people I've ever met.  They can hear a song and pick up an instrument and just start playing it.  They don't even need the music in front of them.  Your Great Grandfather can play just about any stringed instrument out there.  Gigi also plays percussion instruments, like when she plays at church.  Gigi was a music teacher for many years.  I pray that you two grow up with a love of music.  Daddy and I love music as well.  :-)

We got home by 5pm and I nursed Grace as Joshua had something to eat with daddy.  An hour later we headed back out to Target for some groceries.  We were all out of stuff .... milk, wipes, diapers .... you name it.  :-P  Daddy had to put air in my tires while we were out.  I think I have a slow leak in one and I just need new ones.  My car is due for its inspection, so I might just get new tires at the same time.

You two played this evening and daddy read us more Bible stories before bed.  Tomorrow is suppose to be nice, so hopefully we can go to the park to get some fresh air.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment