Monday, August 15, 2011

Imitating Noises


Dearest Blessings~

I woke up at 3:15am this morning and tried to change Grace as fast as I could so I could nurse her.  It was after 4am when you were done, so I just held you at that point.  My back was really sore though when I woke up later.  :-P

This morning we did some chores around the house.  I baked some potatoes for the week, did a quick pump so Grace would have mommy milk for wednesday, and did some laundry.

Joshua, you sure love books!  I went through a book with you as I nursed Grace in the playroom.  Then, we read some Bible stories together .... one was about little children listening to Jesus and being blessed by him.  :-)

Oh, Grace, you've found your tongue.  You love to play with it and make noises with it.  It's so cute!  I popped a CD on in the playroom and we had a lot of fun together.  You two both giggled at each other!  I played with Grace's feet and flipped Joshua all around.  I took a video of you two playing.

Therapy went well today .... it was better than last week.  Today we had speech therapy with Kim.  Joshua, you didn't resist the movements to the sign language as much.  You're not signing independently, so I have to move your arms and hands, not you didn't fight it when someone touched you during the appointment.  Last week you pulled away every time.  Also, you attempted to make a 'car noise' for Kim when we played with a bus!  You're imitating sounds now!  Yippie!  You're making some progress, which is great!  Kim gave us some homework.  We have some flash cards of 'actions' to go through.  They're pictures of people doing things like: eating, drinking, running, brushing, etc.  You correctly identified half of the cards she put in front of you today, which she thought was great.  :-)

I had to change you both when we got home .... diapers and outfits .... just because it was so hot.  This afternoon, I put more CD's on and read more books to Joshua.  Grace played on the floor and rolled all around.  I folded some laundry.  I tried to get Joshua to take a nap, but he resisted. 

I ended up rocking Joshua to sleep a little before 4pm.  Grace was napping so I took advantage of my time holding him!  I cherished the moment and listened to him breathe while sleeping on me.  We stayed that way for about 20 minutes and then Grace woke up.  I put him on a pillow to continue napping and I nursed Grace and read.

Joshua, you ate some pasta for dinner .... it was some of the lasagna from yesterday!  Woo hoo!  I was so happy! 

We all walked to the park after dinner.  It was such a beautiful evening to spend with you all together outside as a family!  I took some pictures of you two.  Joshua, you ran around the grass and went on the swing.  Grace, I took you out of the stroller and walked around with you.  :-)  Afterward, we relaxed in the play room.  :-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment