Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Open Cup


Dearest Gifts~

You two must be having some trouble sleeping recently.  Joshua, you got up from your toddler bed at 11pm crying last night.  Grace, you woke up at 12:50am this morning.  Daddy changed you and then I nursed you back to sleep.  I held you for a long time and then placed you back in the bassinet around 4am.

This cat was so annoying this morning.  He ran around the room and played with the blinds at 6am.  I was trying to go back to sleep at that time.  I ended up getting back up and nursing Grace at 6:20am.  I would much rather prefer the cat stay out on the screened in porch.  There's really no reason why he has to be in the house.

Grace, you almost sat up today!  I looked over and you were propped half way up!  Wow!  I wonder when you'll sit by yourself.  

Joshua, we back pedaled to a dry spoon for your food aversion appointment with Kim.  Mary Beth was out of town, so we didn't have your OT appointment.  I'll keep waiting for UNC to call me (I don't have their number).  But, you did something for the first time today .... you drank independently from an open cup with no spilling!  You did it several times and took several sips each time!  Kim and I were so impressed!  Woo hoo!  I've never seen you do that before!

We played a lot today.  It feels so nice under our new fan.  Joshua, you took a nap at a reasonable time this afternoon (you've been off recently and napping later or not napping at all).  You fell asleep around 1:45pm.  I even got to rest for 45 minutes until Grace woke up from her nap!  Once she woke, I nursed her as Joshua continued to nap.

We did your brush exercises, joint compressions, and worked on the chewy tube once you woke up little man.  And, you made some 'car noises' for me as we were playing together with your bus!  You tried to imitate my 'brrrrooom!'  :-) 

I took you two to the park later this afternoon.  There were people using the swings when we got there, so I just kept walking with you two in the stroller.  I walked for almost an hour around the neighborhood.  I got my exercise!  ;-)

Daddy got a haircut after work and was pulling in as we were walking up the driveway.  It looks good!  He mowed the lawn after we all had dinner together.  The three of us were in the bonus room while daddy mowed lawn.  When Joshua heard daddy start the mower, he looked out the window.  I said 'there's the lawn mower' to him.  Joshua ran to his toy lawn mower and picked it up!  I cheered and laughed since it was so cute!  Then he looked out the window again and back at his mower.  It was so adorable!

We all played a lot this evening.  You two have the cutest giggles.  Joshua, you're getting better at playing 'wheelbarrow' .... which is one of our OT exercises.  You can take a few 'steps' with your hands as we hold your legs up.

Tomorrow I head back to work so Penny will be here.  I'll come home as fast as I can!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment