Sunday, August 28, 2011

Half Birthday


Dearest 'Spud' and 'Peanut'~

Ha!  Those were your nicknames when I was pregnant with you two!  How cute!

Happy Half Birthday to Grace!  Today you are 6 months old!  Woo hoo!  We made it to our goal with nursing.  I wanted to nurse you for at least 6 months.  Since we're still doing ok, I'll keep going.  We'll see how far we get.  Joshua was on full formula by 5.5 months old.  Today is also (Great) Aunt Pops's birthday!  We sent her a text message to wish her a happy birthday.  Hopefully we'll be able to see her soon.

Grace, you woke up crying from your bassinet at 1am this morning.  Daddy changed you and then I nursed and held you.  You woke up again at 5:30am crying.  I don't know why you're waking up crying now.  You haven't always done that.  You also didn't sleep in your bassinet all night.  I ended up holding you throughout the night and morning.  When you woke back up at 7am, I put you in the swing in the playroom.  I ate some cereal while sitting next to you.  Then, I nursed you on the couch.  I was so tired!  :-P

Joshua, you keep playing with Grace's Violet dog.  I guess you forgot that you have Scout to play with.  :-)  You ate some gerber crackers this morning and your biting is getting stronger.  Daddy did your brush exercises and joint compressions this morning.

We went out to eat for lunch to celebrate Grandpa Mike's 60th birthday.  His birthday was last weekend, but he was out of town.  We saw Grandpa Mike, Mimi, Aunt Katie, and Uncle Brennan.  We ate at a BBQ place .... Red, Hot, & Blue .... Joshua's been there before.  You two got passed around the table.  Grace, you had a huge poopy diaper while Mimi was holding you!  I changed your diaper and your outfit .... good thing I brought the bigger diaper bag.  ;-)

On the way home, we stopped at the Post Office to get some stamps from the machine.  We paid some bills this weekend and realized we had no stamps to mail them!  Oops!  :-) 

After lunch, Joshua napped.  He had fallen asleep in the car, so we placed him on some pillows in the living room and he continued sleeping.  I nursed Grace and then she played.  I put her in the swing and she was talking and talking! 

I pumped while Grace napped (she eventually fell asleep in the swing).  I helped Joshua go through his flash cards.  He won't see Kim tomorrow since Grace has a pediatrician appointment.  But, we needed to do our homework anyway.  ;-)

Everyone got baths this evening ....  you two have the cutest fluffy hair!  We got a balance ball at Target yesterday and daddy did some exercises on the ball with Joshua.  Of course, he likes to push the big ball all around the playroom too.  ;-)

Joshua, you stacked blocks with daddy today and got up to 9!  Whoa!  Almost double digits man!  Daddy played the guitar for you all as I took a shower.  Then, I let Grace play with my hair as she smiled.  Daddy read us stories before bedtime.

Tomorrow Grace has her 6 month check up bright and early!

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment