Sunday, August 14, 2011

So Blessed


Dearest Miracles~

Wow!  You kids never cease to amaze me!  I woke up this morning in some pain.  I looked over and Grace was still sleeping.  So, I got up and pumped in the play room.  Grace, I didn't nurse you until 8:30am this morning!  Whoa!  The milk I pumped I put in the fridge for wednesday.  I heard you noodle around in your bassinet throughout the evening, so I kept checking on you, but you never woke up.  Joshua, you woke up from your toddler bed around 12:45am this morning and then noodled into our bed.

This morning you two helped me prepare the crock pot.  We made a lasagna with little pasta pieces.  It turned out pretty good, so I wrote down that recipe.  We're on our way to making our own family cookbook.  ;-)

Grace, you're rolling all around now.  You had a huge poopy diaper this morning.  I was expecting it since you didn't poop yesterday.  Joshua, daddy helped you go through your ABC book this morning as I was finishing the crock pot.

We had some company for lunch, but before they came over, I nursed Grace and watched Joshua play.  I couldn't help but thank God for you two.  You all are so precious.  I sat there amazed at how blessed I am to have you both.  As Joshua played and Grace ate, I thanked God for you both!

Mimi and Grandpa Mike came over for lunch.  They brought over some turkey and potatoes.  Joshua, you didn't eat much.  You all visited with them for a few hours.  I vacuumed and swept the downstairs once people were done at the table.  I didn't get a chance to do that yesterday, so I took the opportunity while you two were occupied.

Plus, to be honest, I didn't need to be around your Mimi.  Her comments about you two and my brother were so uncalled for and hurtful.  It still stings that she would 'diagnose' her grandchildren with needless and absurd 'conditions' (colic, autism, comments about having you 'checked out' and comments concerning your therapies).  And, when asked about why she would even think something so hurtful, she said 'Well .... you know .... James .... lets be honest' (this is a verbatim quote diagnosing your uncle as autistic!).  Obviously talking about my brother.  She has no right to say something so painful about someone's family.  I honestly don't know what her problem is and she clearly has some sort of mental problem herself if she truly feels this way.  Who would say something so damaging about their own grandchildren?

Precious children .... God made you just the way you are .... perfect in His eyes and mine!  I love you two unconditionally and I will not let anyone speak ill about you two!  If she feels this way, and wishes to express it, then I honestly do not need to be in the room to take such verbal abuse.  I pray that by the time you all read this, she would have expressed some sort of an apology for her words.  And, I'm not the only person who feels this way .... others know and have heard her harmful comments.

Grace, I tried to weigh you this afternoon.  The scale said you were 14.5 lbs.  You go back to the pediatrician later in the month for your 6 month check up so we'll see how accurate that is.  I can't believe you'll be 6 months in a few weeks!  

Later in the afternoon I put some music on downstairs and we danced a little and I sang.  Since Joshua never took a nap, I packed you two up and we went to the park.  Joshua played in the swing and ran around in the grass with daddy.  Grace, you stayed in the stroller.  :-P  I took some more pictures of you all.

This evening Joshua couldn't fight his sleepiness any longer .... Joshua, you fought a nap all day and never took one.  At dinner, you were so crabby.  Once we gave you a sippy cup of milk, you fell asleep while drinking it on the kitchen table!  We took a picture of you!  It was so funny!  You slept for a little over an hour once daddy put you on a pillow.


This evening we did some laundry and played in the bonus room.  We had the Disney movie 'Aladdin' on.  I uploaded some photos of you all and then backed up my computer.  :-)

Joshua, you pulled my hair late this evening as I was nursing Grace.  Daddy gave you a pop on the bottom and you cried.  You need to learn not to pull people's hair.  I sang to you and you slowly calmed down for bed.  We all eventually fell asleep with thunderstorms starting outside our window.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so very much!

~Mommy