Friday, August 12, 2011

Rolling Rolling Rolling


Dearest Blessings~

Hummm .... Joshua, you only made it until 11pm in your toddler bed.  I wonder why you don't like to sleep by yourself.  Your bed is right next to ours, so you're not far.  Grace, I put you down after 10pm last night in your bassinet.  You stayed sleeping and didn't wake up until 6:40am!  Whoa!  The cat, however, meowed and meowed all night.  I'm such a light sleeper so to say that the meowing was annoying is an understatement.  :-P  It was hard to get some sleep.  Plus, he pooped back in the study on the plastic that we have covering the carpet.  That cat better shape up or he'll find himself back on the porch.  :-P

I took Grace downstairs this morning after I nursed her so I could eat something and unload the dish washer.   I steamed sterilized the pump pieces and straightened some things in the kitchen.  As I was doing this, I looked over and Grace had rolled from her back to her belly!  I've never seen her so that before!  I brought the pump pieces back upstairs and checked on Joshua (who was still sleeping). I came back down and Grace had rolled from her belly to her back again!  I then brought her back upstairs to start some laundry and brush my teeth (Joshua continued the sleep) and she rolled from her back to her belly again!

Once Joshua awoke, he took a sippy cup and I told him about his sister.  It's official .... she can roll all around now.  ;-)  Apparently, Grace did some of this last night for daddy while I was at my meeting!  He said she kept twirling all around!

As the laundry was going, I vacuumed the bonus room and had some music on for you two.  Grace fell asleep in her swing so I played with Joshua. I did his brush exercises and joint compressions.

For lunch, Joshua ate two pieces of hotdog and a lot of gold fish and a boost.  I vacuumed the living room as he ate and tried to get a video of Grace rolling from her back to her belly.   She didn't do it for the camera but she did it a lot today.  We also had lots of music time while downstairs.

Oh, we have Joshua in a booster seat now at the kitchen table and not the high chair.  The high chair is falling apart so we'll need to get a new one for Grace.  This high chair was already used from (Great) Aunt Allyson, so it's been through a lot.

I took you both to the park after lunch.  Grace napped and Joshua went on the swing and played in the sandbox.  He got sand everywhere!  I took more pictures of you both.  Daddy worked a half day and met us at park.  He walked back home with us.  Everyone was hot when we got back home, so we all had a fresh cold drink.

This afternoon was relaxing.  Grace, you have such a cute gummy smile!  Your eyes are still blue, so I wonder if they'll stay that way like Joshua.  You're over 5 months old, so I'm thinking they may stay blue.  And, I don't know if I've told you this before or not, but you're such a smiley baby!  I love your smiles!  Joshua, you giggled a lot this afternoon while playing with daddy.  Oh, and you love Grace's little squeaky giraffe toy!  I may just have to get a second one!  ;-)

I had to rock Joshua to sleep since he fought nap time.  He fell asleep at 4pm and woke up crying at 5pm from his toddler bed.  Daddy and I went in to calm him several times and then waited to see if he would adjust to the bed.  You cried for at least 45 minutes before we got you out, even though you could have gotten up yourself.  For some reason you just stayed on your back staring at the ceiling crying.  Grace was napping in her swing so I cut her nails.  

Daddy took down the old fan in the play room while Joshua was napping.  The old fan was 52" (at most) for this huge room.  This new fan is 70"!  We ran into some problems with putting up the new fan since we needed different screws to fit the existing electrical box.  But, it's up now and it looks and feels nice!  It took several hours to complete the project, but was worth it!  We relaxed under it before going to bed.

Tomorrow we're going on a road trip!  Your Great-Grandfather from Tennessee will be in town, so we're all gathering at (Great) Uncle David's house to visit.  He got to see Grace the last time he was in town, but not Joshua.  We'll head over there for lunch.  

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment