Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Merry-Go-Round


Dearest Angels~

Guess what .... Grace, you slept last night!  Woo hoo!  You woke up at 6am.  Daddy changed your diaper and then I nursed you.  I was too tired and scared to put you down last night in your bassinet .... I thought you would immediately wake up.  So, I ended up holding you all night .... but you slept!  Yippie!  ;-)
 
You two had fun with Penny today while daddy and I were at work.  Grace, you had a huge blow out poopy diaper!  ;-)  You two went to the park and Joshua had fun on the merry-go-round.  Joshua, you also walked up one step without holding on to the rail!  And, you walked down several steps without holding on!  What a big boy you are!  ;-)  You all also had music time and block time.  :-)

This evening after dinner, daddy gave Grace her rice cereal.  Hummm, I think you ended up with most of it on your bib, but at least we're trying!  

Oh, Joshua, you did something cute this evening.  Daddy told you 'no' when you were about to do something wrong.  You walked backwards and slowly tapped your bottom/side while looking at daddy.  Perhaps you're starting to 'understand' what a spanking is?  When you do something you're not suppose to do, we some times give you a 'pop' on the bottom when saying 'no' .... maybe you're starting to associate the word 'no' to a 'pop' on the bottom.  :-P

I got some news today at work .... one of the other dentists gave her notice and will be leaving in three months.  The Community Health Center that I work for wants to try to replace her, but it will probably take some time.  So, the opportunity has come up if I wanted to increase my hours either short term or long term.  Daddy and I are still thinking and praying about it.  There are certainly pros and cons to the decision.  I miss you two dearly when I leave on wednesdays and thursdays, but if I picked up one more day short term, we may not have to cut the dental assistants' hours.  We don't have to make the decision right away, but the administration wants me to think about it and there's no pressure either way since they know I have you two at home.  I told them that it would depend entirely on Joshua's therapy appointments on whether it would even work out for our family.  So, we'll see what happens in the future.  If I took on one more day, even if just short term, I don't anticipate it happening until december since Dr. Allen will be leaving after Thanksgiving. 

Grace, you were wide awake late this evening .... it was 10pm and you were still playing.  You eventually fell asleep after I nursed you.

Tomorrow Penny will be here again.  I'll come home as fast as I can!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment