Monday, August 29, 2011

Low Grade Fever


Dearest Miracles~

Grace, you were screaming when I put you down at midnight last night in your bassinet.  I ended up holding you all night as you slept.  You laid on my chest as I leaned back in the bed.  My back was really sore when I woke up.  I don't know how many more nights I can keep doing this.  I think I finally went to bed around 1am.  :-P

You woke up again at 5am.  I changed you and then nursed you.  I continued to hold you as you were finishing close to when daddy's work alarm went off.  I never went back to sleep so I listened and watched both you and Joshua sleep soundly. 

We didn't have a lot of time to play this morning.  We quickly got ready for Grace's 6 month check up at the pediatrician's office.

A medical student observed us today as Dr. Medero examined Grace.  Grace, this is the second time a medical student was shadowing and got to see you.  You had one at one of your very first visits too .... you still had your umbilical cord stump at the time!

You still have one crusty eye .... your left one.  We'll have Dr. Medero recheck it again at 9 months.  If it continues to be crusty, we'll probably need to have an eye MD look at it.  Perhaps you have a clogged tear duct?  

You got a few shots today and left the office with three bandaids.  You also had to drink a medication.  You did well with everything despite the shots.  :-)  Oh, and you pooped once we got into the exam room.  I had to quickly change you before we weighed you.  :-P  Here are your stats:

Weight:  15 lbs 2 ozs
Length: 26 inches
Head Circumference: 41.5 cm

Joshua, you got a little fussy during the appointment.  But, you calmed down once I gave you a boost in a sippy cup and some goldfish crackers.  Also, you ate almost half a hotdog for lunch today!  :-)

We had some playtime downstairs after lunch.  I put some music on and Grace crawled and rolled all around the living room.  Oh Grace, you crawled backwards for Dr. Medero when she put you on your belly on the exam table!  Joshua, you had fun stacking blocks.

Remember how we're refinancing our house?  Well, I had to quickly take you all to the bank to get a certified check for closing.  We then dropped it off at Frank's office.  Grace, this was the first time you've met him .... Joshua, you met him last year when we bought the house.  He went to school with daddy and I so we used him as our lawyer for the house.  He thought you two were cute.  ;-)

Since it was late and we had been out all afternoon, I picked up some chicken for dinner.  Joshua, I thought you would eat some nuggets, but you ate hotdog instead.  Oh well.

Grace, you had some rice cereal this evening.  Maybe it will help you sleep?  I made 1.5 tablespoons and you got at least half of it in your mouth!  Woo hoo!

This evening we had some thunderstorms with lightning, so we watched some old cartoons .... ones that daddy and I use to watch when we were little .... He-Man and She-Ra!  Ha!  I wonder if you'll know who these characters are when you read this.  ;-)

This evening Grace really scared me .... she spiked a low grade fever of 99 degrees and I frantically called Gigi in the middle of the night.  It didn't even occur to me that you would spike a fever with all the shots you had today sweet little thing!  I'm so sorry!  I was so worried and your head and legs were so warm!  I gave you some tylenol and you appeared content when I nursed you.  You cried if one of us put you down or if you weren't nursing.  I held you throughout the night and said a little prayer that your fever wouldn't go up later in the night.  We had been running around all day today .... I loaded and unloaded you all in the car so many times with the pediatrician office, bank, Frank's office, the house .... I should have just let you rest little lady.  I'll remember next time to let you two rest after the pediatrician's office.  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment