Monday, January 31, 2011

So Many Deer


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little angel.  Let me start by saying 'Thank You' for last night .... you fell asleep around 9:30pm-10pm.  We placed you on a pillow on our bed between us and let you sleep for about 20 minutes.  Then, daddy moved you (while still sleeping on the pillow) to your own bed in our room.  You stayed sleeping .... by yourself .... with no crying .... until 5:30am!  Woo hoo!  I think I only woke up twice last night to use the restroom and I checked on you both times.  Daddy's alarm went off at 6:30am, so if we can get one more hour out of you that would be great!  ;-)

Today was a chilly day.  It stayed in the 40's so I made sure to bundle you up whenever we went somewhere.  Mimi saved you a trip though .... she came over to watch you as I went to Peanut's OB appointment this morning.  

Today, I am 36 weeks and 1 day gestation with your sister.  Less than a week of technically being full term (37-40 weeks).  The appointment went well.  My blood pressure was good, no protein was found in my urine, and my weight is the heaviest I have ever been .... 153.6 lbs!  Whoa!  You two are going to have to help me lose this weight once Peanut arrives.  ;-)  So far, that's a 24.6 lb weight gain for this pregnancy.  I only gained 17 pounds with you, but that was at 30 weeks.  The doctors say that a 'healthy' weight gain is between 25-30 pounds, so we're ok.  

We still haven't started dilating yet, but Peanut is in position with her head down.  She continues to move and kick .... and I feel a different sort of pressure every once in a while.  Daddy and I are still trying to weigh the options between having a VBAC or another C-section.  Both have risks.  So, we'll continue to pray and talk about it and see what's best for Peanut.  My next appointment is in another week and Mimi will help with that one as well.

After my appointment, I made a quick trip to the store since you were taken care of with Mimi.  I picked up some ink for our printer so we can print a picture of you for Penny.  Then, I picked up a few little items so we can prepare the crock pot for tomorrow.  

You and Mimi were upstairs playing when I got back.  We all looked out the window and saw eight deer in our backyard!  They blend in with the trees, so it was really hard to see them all.  Daddy and I saw a bunch this morning too before he left for work.  The deer continued to walk around and sit in our backyard until around noon.  

Mimi left around 12:30pm, and I quickly made a lunch and then packed you up.  You had an eye appointment this afternoon at 2pm.  Your last exam was a year ago and the doctor wanted to see you for a yearly check up.  Dr. Board is a DOOK fan, so he got a kick out of our UNC stroller, UNC diaper bag, and the UNC sweatshirt I was wearing (which is actually your daddy's!).  You see, DOOK just lost their last basketball game!  Ha!  

Anyway, you apparently have a very mild case of nearsightedness and astigmatism.  Both are kind of canceling each other out at this point, but I'm sure one day you'll end up like me wearing glasses.  Don't worry, it's not that bad!  ;-)  You like to grab my glasses and throw them around .... I'm surprised I can still wear them!  

Since you just have a mild case, Dr. Board is recommending another yearly check up for you.  I felt bad though because I had to hold you down while they dilated your eyes and did the examination.  I held you and kissed you once it was over and you stopped crying.  :-)

At this point, you still hadn't taken a nap all day, so you were also getting grumpy at the appointment.  You took a tiny nap in the car, but then woke up once we were home.  We rested for about 1.5 hours until we had to go downstairs to make dinner.  We made a quick and easy tortellini pasta dinner (I got it at the store earlier) and then I tried to feed you.  

You are getting so picky and stubborn with your eating!  I seems like all you want these days are cereal, yogurt, and your formula, milk, or juice.  You're not really eating your meat and veggie meals.  We'll just have to continue to work on that because the pediatrician said your underweight.  :-P

Once daddy got home and we all had dinner, we took a drive to drop off daddy's car.  It needs an oil change and new brakes.  Since we have no appointments tomorrow, daddy will take my car to work as they work on his.  We already told both sets of grandparents though, in case of an emergency, that you and I will be without a car tomorrow.  Grandpa Jim's office is just a few miles from here, so he's the closest if something happens.  

We got back to house late and you took some formula and milk with daddy as I took a shower.  Then, daddy played you some banjo and guitar.  We ended up relaxing upstairs until you fell asleep.  :-)  I hope you sleep well tonight too. 

Sleep tight!  

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment