Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nap Time Together


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man.  This morning wasn't too much better than the day before as far as sleeping.  :-P

3am- I woke up to use restroom and then I checked on you.  You were still sleeping by yourself in your bed
3:30am-- You woke up crying and noodled into our bed  :-P
4pm - I was still awake and congested
6am - I woke up hungry and went downstairs to eat a poptart and take a cough drop (my throat was really hurting) as you and daddy slept
6:30am - Daddy was up for work
8am - I started to get ready for the day and woke you up shortly after since we had a 9:30am OB appointment with Peanut.  You didn't finish your oatmeal, but you took your formula .... I think it was because you were still waking up  :-P

Our OB appointment for Peanut went well.  We are 35 weeks and 2 days gestation .... full term is right around the corner!  I had no protein in my urine this time and my weight was 150.8 lbs .... whoa!  Getting on up there!  ;-)  My blood pressure was normal and the MD did my Group B Streptococcus (GBS) test to see if we'll need IV antibiotics during delivery.  Almost 40% of healthy women are carriers and have the bacteria in their GI tract.  If I test positive, it'll mean I'll have antibiotics when Peanut arrives.  Generally, when babies are born early, the MD will give antibiotics too.  So, I likely had it with you through my IV since we never got tested with you to even know.  

The MD started to do pelvic exams today.  Peanut is already head first.  We haven't started dilating yet, but we're having thinning of the membrane.  The MD was happy that Peanut was going into position.  I was a little nervous since I never got this far before .... so, now I have to start thinking about my water breaking at some point and then going through labor!  Yikes!  It's definitely scary to not know what to expect!  :-P  Our next appointment in in less than a week .... next monday morning.

We went to the pharmacy right after to get some nasal decongestant and cough drops .... ugh!  I hate feeling sick and my throat is scratchy.  I hope I'm not coming down with anything.  Once we came home, you played a little as I cooked pasta to prepare for the crock pot .... we're making mac and cheese for dinner.  ;-)

We ate some lunch together.  You had your yogurt (you would not eat your own mac and cheese from the other day!) and then had some juice in a sippy cup.  I did some laundry as we played upstairs.

You started to get hungry a little after, so I gave you a full bottle of 5 ounces of formula and 3 ounces of whole milk.  You fell right asleep on me and I continued to hold you.  Usually, I try to hold you for a little and then put you down on a pillow to do chores .... laundry, cook, organize, use the restroom, eat, etc .... today, I just held you and didn't let you go .... I started to read while you snored next to me and then I put the book down and took an hour nap with you!  Haven't napped with you in a while.  It was nice to enjoy the moment and hold you while Peanut kicked .... what a blessing.  I'm going to miss these times that the three of us have together like that.  You like to put your hand on my belly, whether you know Peanut's there or not.  

Also, since I was sitting on the couch with a pillow behind me and my feet up on the ottoman, I was able to breathe ok to nap.  I kind of created my own chaise with the ottoman.  :-)  I eventually had to put you down on a pillow so I could start the crock pot, use the restroom, and move the laundry over.  You woke up shortly afterward.  :-)

I folded laundry next to you and then we played.  Daddy got home a little early and we all ate dinner together.  You listened to him play the banjo as I took a shower.

This evening we all played in the bonus room.  Tomorrow I have to be at work at 7:30am so I hope you sleep better.  :-P  It may be a long day.  :-P  Penny will be here to watch you.  Save some kisses and smiles for me!  I miss you every time I leave, but Peanut continues to keep me company.  ;-)

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment