Monday, January 24, 2011

Three Baby Steps


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little night owl.  So, you fell asleep at a reasonable time last night, though you weren't successful in staying asleep by yourself like the night before.  Here's roughly how the night went:

9:45pm last night- you fell asleep
After 10pm- daddy placed you in your own bed on a pillow (since it worked before we thought we would try it again
1:35am- I woke up to use the restroom .... you were still sleeping by yourself and I checked on you
2am- I still could not sleep because of my congestion .... got up to walk around and blow my nose
3:22am- you woke up crying and ended back up in our bed
4am- I'm still awake and end up checking my email .... insomnia is not my friend
6am- I woke up to use the restroom .... not uncommon to wake up twice in the middle of the night for this thanks to Peanut  ;-)
6:30am- alarm goes off for daddy for work
6:30am-7:30am- I'm in and out of sleep as daddy gets ready .... you are curled up next to me
8:30am- I'm waking up more
9:40am - You're finally awake all bright eyed

Needless to say .... I don't sleep very well even if you don't wake up crying .... so, if you'd learn to sleep by yourself that would be greatly appreciated!  Plus, when you curl up next to us to sleep, you tend to kick and head bump daddy and I.  :-P  So, if you see me look a little groggy while you're playing at times, that's just the lack of sleep showing .... I'm not trying to ignore you.  :-P

After I changed you, we went downstairs for breakfast .... though it was closer to 'brunch time' by then!  You ate 4 tablespoons of oatmeal and then 5 ounces of formula.  You played in the living room as I updated the fridge calendar, ran your bottles, and straightened a few things.  We now have Peanut's due date on the calendar .... I squished it in there .... so it's right around the corner!  

We went upstairs so I could fold laundry and put your clothes away.  By the time I finished, we had a little time to play .... and then it was already your physical therapy appointment time! 

Eliza and I worked with you on standing, walking, and continued your neck exercises.  You hate the neck exercises, but they need to get done.  But, here's the big news .... Eliza distracted you with some blocks while you were standing .... once she let go of you .... you continued to stand and bang the blocks together and then took three very baby steps!  We don't think you actually knew what you were doing since you were focused on the blocks, but it was so exciting!  Also, you're getting a lot better at stacking toys.  :-)

Once she left, it was around 1:30pm and you ate a whole container of yogurt.  I took you upstairs and then you drank 5 ounces of formula and 3 ounces of whole milk!  I had to quickly move them into a bottle because the sippy cup was leaking for some reason .... and then I spilled the milk.   Ugh! After the bottle, you fell asleep on me.  I held you for about 30 minutes as you snored .... then, I placed you on a pillow in the crib and you immediately woke up crying!  Ugh .... again!  So, we went back into the play room and you crawled around me with your toys.  :-P  We basically played around in there until 5pm.

Then, we went back downstairs and I followed you as you crawled all around the living room.  We were having leftovers for dinner, so we didn't need to cook anything.  You're getting better at pulling yourself up on furniture, cabinets, and shelves.  :-P  Also, you like to play with the door stoppers on the baseboards!

Oh, I almost forgot, you love to play with the television remote control!  It's so funny because you'll pick it up and point it to the television and then smile at daddy and I .... hummm, are we teaching you bad habits already?  ;-)

After daddy got home and we ate dinner, daddy gave you a nice bath.  Then, we played in the bonus room.  Daddy tried to get you to take a few steps for him, but you ended up just kind of leaning in towards him.  :-P

Tomorrow we have an OB appointment for Peanut.  Continue to pray that everything goes well!

Sleep tight little angel!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joshua!

    Good job on walking and stalking the blocks. I rather liked playing with blocks myself when I was little. When your mother and I were little we took the peices of Mister Potato Head and mashed them into play-dough and made some sort of dinosaur or dragon monster creatures. Now, that was fun!

    Uncle Zeker

    ReplyDelete