Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pancakes


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  Well, since we went to bed a little early last night, I ended up waking up a little early.  I was still up and awake every 2 hours, or so, but by 7am I couldn't really stay in bed anymore.  So, I got up, checked my email, and then went downstairs to do some things and start breakfast.  I made some pancakes for daddy and I, and I ended up making a very small one for you to try.  You ate your oatmeal and drank your formula and milk, but then you kind of dismissed the pancake.  We tried several times to see if you'd like it, but you would barely even taste it!  Trust me, one day you'll ask me to make you pancakes!  ;-)

After breakfast, we came up stairs to let you play and daddy and I took  showers.  Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie came over to see you and to watch some soccer.  As daddy was in the shower, the doorbell rang and daddy's banjo arrived!  Did I tell you daddy found a deal on a used Deering banjo online?  I believe I did because you and I had to pick up the bank check last friday.  :-P  Anyway, daddy immediately took it out, set it up, tuned it, and started playing.  

While one of the soccer games was on, daddy and I ran to Harry's to pick up my mandolin and gas up my car.  Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie watched you as we ran our errand.  Now, I can work on the mandolin while daddy noodles on his banjo.  ;-)  You acted 'sleepy' for your aunt and uncle, but you never took a nap.  Daddy and I have seen that before!  ;-)

We swung by and picked up some lunch for us.  We brought home some Mexican and you tried some of Aunt Katie's refried beans!  Ha!  Then, you took about three bites of your own food before getting fussy.  You drank your bottle though.

After lunch, we went back upstairs and waited for the UNC basketball game.  Remember that cradle swing that we picked up for Peanut at the Kid Exchange last week?  Well, the weight limit is 25 lbs, so we put you in there for fun to see if you'd like it.  You swung around and kept looking at yourself in the mirror above you as you babbled and giggled.  It was cute!  


The UNC vs NC State basketball game came on at 2pm.  Uncle Brennan and Aunt Katie left during the first half.  I still felt congested and my ears are still clogged.  So, I rocked you right before half time and you fell asleep on me and Peanut (she kicked you by the way!).  Right when the second half was starting, I placed you on a pillow between daddy and I and then I ended up falling asleep too!  Daddy watched the whole game .... we won by 20 points!  Woo hoo!  You stayed sleeping even when the game was over, but I woke up a little after the game.

Once you woke up, it was almost dinner time, so we headed downstairs.  You ate a lot of cheerios and a cracker.  You still didn't want your chicken and veggie mix.  So, we gave you a sippy cup of formula.  We then headed to Target to get a few things.  It was after 7pm at this point to the store was pretty empty.  We were able to pop in and out relatively fast.  We got a frame for Penny that says "Nana" .... we'll put a nice picture of you in it and give it to her for your 'One Year Anniversary.'  :-)

Afterward, we relaxed in the bonus room.  Daddy and I put you in some cozy pajamas and brushed your teeth.  You played a little and then fell asleep next to daddy.  :-)

Tomorrow, we're going over to see Mimi and Grandpa Mike.  Daddy needs some work on his car, so he and Grandpa Mike are going to take a look at it.  We'll probably play with Mimi while they're working.

Sleep tight little Joshua!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment