Saturday, January 8, 2011

Insomnia


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie!  So, I was daring and tried you on a 'normal' bottle this morning of 5 ounces of formula and 3 ounces of whole milk .... you took half the bottle and then threw up on me .... so we didn't try that again the rest of the day.  :-P  From then on we just kept you on straight formula with no milk and we had no more accidents!  You're still a little congested, but more playful.  I'll probably wait another day or two before giving you more milk.  We continued to give you pedialyte or juice every couple of hours.

So, you slept better last night .... but I had a huge case of insomnia!  I can't tell you how long I stayed in bed trying to get some sleep!  I was so exhausted when you woke up because I was just falling asleep!  :-P  I don't know why I get insomnia, but every once in a while I get a bad case and I'm up all night.  Also, I had a huge leg cramp in my left leg.  I use to get them when I was pregnant with you, so I was dreading it for this pregnancy.  It was so strong and painful that I cried and cried in bed.  I accidentally woke daddy, but there really wasn't anything he could while my leg was hurting.

We vacuumed and swept the downstairs and daddy cleaned out the litter box.  Once we all got our acts together, we ran some quick errands.  We went back to Bell's Carpets and bought another remnant piece to split in half for the other two bedrooms.  They're going to bind it for us and then we'll have rugs for the other rooms.  :-)

Then, we made a quick trip to the grocery store.  You fell asleep in the car, so I carried you on my back in the carrier so you could continue to sleep.  As we left the grocery store, we had a small amount of snow flurries come down!  :-)

We were home for lunch and I made tacos!  The UNC basketball game started at noon, so we ate our lunch in the bonus room during the first half.  :-P  The game was so close and we barely won!  It was our first ACC game of the season.  Go Heels!  :-)

I was getting so tired since I didn't sleep well, but daddy ended up taking a nap, so I watched you in the bonus room and did some Bible reading.  :-P  Daddy woke up when Mimi and Grandpa Mike came over.  Their dryer isn't working, so they did some laundry here.  They got to play with you and then we went out for a quick dinner .... hamburgers and fries!  ;-)  I have you a bottle while we were out and you fell asleep as we ate.  It was so cold outside though that you woke up as we were leaving.

We relaxed in the bonus room the rest of the evening and watched some television as you played.   We also straightened some things around the house. You're really getting better at scooting/crawling backwards .... it's so cute!  :-)  You eventually fell asleep so we put you in your bed.  Daddy did some reading as I tried to fall asleep.  You woke up coughing again and daddy picked you up to check on you.  You were fine, but you noodled back into our bed to be sure.  :-P

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment