Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fire And Noises



Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  We all ended up sleeping in this morning.  You ended up in our bed again crawling all around, but once you got settled, we all slept for a while.  When we woke up, it was really rainy outside and cooler.  

You had your usual breakfast, and then we went upstairs to play.  Daddy put some cartoons on and I stayed with you in your play area as you crawled around.  Then, we straightened up and cleaned the bonus room for a little bit.  We still have things in boxes and bags around the room, but we at least moved them against walls and put somethings away to be more organized.  We also tried to organize all your toys!  You like to throw your toys all around the bonus room, so each day we go on a 'wild goose chase' to find them!  :-P

Daddy went over to Mimi's house right before lunch time to help Grandpa Mike move some furniture.  I stayed here with you and started to get a sinus headache.  I ate the leftover pizza potatoes from yesterday and then I rocked you for a little bit.  I thought that you would want some lunch too, but instead you fell right asleep on me!  I went into the bedroom and we curled up together as I did some Bible reading.  But, after a while, I took a nap with you!  We woke up when daddy got back home, but the nap (and some tylenol and sudafed) helped my headache.  :-P

We all went downstairs and you had some lunch.  You almost finished your spaghetti.  You only have a little left which I'm sure you'll finish tomorrow.  Then, I took a quick shower .... you had a bath .... and we all watched the UNC basketball game.  ;-)  We won!  Woo hoo! 

A quick note on that bath though .... daddy and I gave you the bath and once we took you out, daddy started to dry you off as I got a fresh diaper out .... right when I was about to place the diaper on you, you proceeded to pee on me .... the wall (which we had just painted a few short weeks prior) .... the changing table .... and the diaper genie.  :-P

After the game, we immediately left for Kanki to celebrate Uncle Brennan's birthday.  Now, remember a few months ago when daddy and I took you there for lunch .... you slept through the first part, but then woke up and saw the chef cooking our meal.  Well, tonight was a different experience .... you cried and cried when he started to cook .... I think it was the fire and the noises.  I'm sure when you're older you'll like it and think it's fun, but tonight Mimi and Grandpa Mike took turns walking you around the restaurant while the chef was cooking at our table.  ;-)  We gave Uncle Brennan the soccer jerseys that we had ordered.  He's now number 8, so if we make it to one of their games, we can cheer for number 4 (daddy) and number 8 (Uncle Brennan).  :-)

I've started to put somethings aside in a box near my nightstand that I don't want to forget for the hospital for when Peanut is born.  Everything was so fast with you and we weren't prepared for anything!  Now, I have a few things prepared, including a few little outfits for her to come home in.  I still have the penguin preemie outfit that you wore when we took you home from the hospital.  Gigi had given it to you.  It looks so small now next to you!

Actually, I have all your preemie outfits still .... one day, when I'm ready .... I'll donate them to the Intensive Care Nursery at Wake Med Hospital for the other little children to wear.  I'll still keep a few, like your penguin outfit and your hat that says 'Joshua' on it (which I keep on my mandolin now).  I'm not ready to let them go quite yet .... I still like to look at them and see how far you've come and how blessed we've been with you!  Daddy and I love you and Peanut so much!  :-)

Speaking of Peanut, today we were 32 weeks gestation and feeling well!  What a blessing!  Each day I feel her kick and move, which is also a good sign.  I can't wait until you two meet each other .... you have to promise to be a good big brother!  You can talk to Uncle James about it .... he's a good big brother to his younger sister!  ;-)

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment