Sunday, January 30, 2011

What's In A Name


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie!  We all appeared to have a better night .... you ended up noodling next to us, as usual, but you stayed pretty content all night.  And, I didn't wake up as much as the night before either.  I think I was awake about every 3 hours .... which, even if it doesn't sound like it, is a great improvement!  ;-)

This morning you actually ended up sleeping in some.  We were planning on heading to church since we missed it last week, but we couldn't get all of us ready in time.  By the time you finished your breakfast, we didn't have time for both daddy and I take showers and still get you ready.  So, we did a bunch of chores around the house.  

The living room and study downstairs got a good vacuum .... and the kitchen and dining room got swept.  You crawl all around those floors now so I need to make sure I keep up with you with cleaning those floors!  Then, we did a load of your laundry.  I rearranged some things in the bonus room to prepare for Peanut.  We moved her swing to the other side of the couch so that a glider/rocker would fit.  Daddy hung some draperies in the bonus room and then another wall hanger for an instrument.  Now, when you and Peanut get really mobile, we have three hangers on the wall that you all can't reach!  That way, we can keep a banjo, a guitar, and a mandolin out to practice with but won't be in your way.

By lunch time we were tired, so we took a break to eat and then sat down for a while and just played with you.  We put the television on and watched a little bit of Sherlock Holmes (you appeared to be getting into the mystery too!).  While we were working, we just had a CD on while you played.  ;-)

After relaxing for a little bit, we packed you up and went over to Mimi's house.  Grandpa Mike and daddy looked at daddy's car.  He needs new brake pads and an oil change.  They weren't sure if the brake pads were something they could do themselves, but after examining the car, it was decided to just take it somewhere.  

You and I stayed in the house with Mimi.  Mimi picked up some 'newborn' size diapers for Peanut, which we brought back here, and you ate some animal crackers .... err, well, you sucked on them and then threw them, but you had fun.  ;-)

We ate dinner with Mimi and Grandpa Mike and then you fell asleep in the car as daddy drove us home.  You fought a nap all day, so you were getting grumpy during dinner.  You stayed sleeping once we got home, so daddy watched you as I took a shower.  When I got out, I sat next to you and then had a sneezing attack!  Oops!  My sneezing woke you right up!  So, we played with you, you ate a little, and then we got you ready for bed in fresh pajamas and brushed your teeth.  You eventually fell asleep on daddy.  :-)

Tomorrow, we have an OB appointment with Peanut in the morning, and then you have an eye appointment in the afternoon.  Mimi is coming over in the morning to watch you as I go to the doctor.  Since we're on weekly appointments, and we don't know if something will happen, Mimi will try to watch you each time just in case.  Also, daddy and I decided on a name for little Peanut.  We've said it a few times around the house, but we never made it official.  I'll go ahead and whisper it to you .... but keep it a secret for now.  ;-)

I hope the eye appointment goes well .... last year I had to hold you while Dr. Board looked at your eyes and you were not a happy camper!  

Sleep tight little one!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

-------------------------


Dearest Peanut~

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Hello little miracle!  I'm sure at some point in your life you'll have to read this play by William Shakespeare.  I believe I was in high school when my class read it.  It's a famous story of 'star-crossed' lovers .... Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet fall in love though their families war and feud.

In this scene, Juliet tells Romeo that his last name is artificial and meaningless to her, and that she loves him, and not the Montague name and not the Montague family.  Romeo, out of his passion and love for Juliet, then rejects his family name to be with her.

Daddy and I have been thinking a lot recently about what to name you and what your name will mean.  We've had several different ideas and suggestions given to us.  But, today, we finally decided on what your name should be.  

Today I am 36 weeks gestation with you .... 37-40 is considered full term so we're almost there!  In your brother's case, we were forced to make a decision about his name 6 weeks prior at 30 weeks!  

I've called you by your name a few times .... mostly when it's just Joshua, you, and me around the house.  We were undecided about first and middle names for a while, but as of late, the same name has been on the top of our list .... so, just like when we named your brother .... daddy and I did a pinky shake and decided on your name .... and .... you already know what it is since we told you and Joshua .... though I can't say I'll stop calling you Peanut once you're born.  It's such a cute nickname!  ;-)

Both your first and middle names have Biblical connections .... just like your brother's name.  Your name is a family name and very beautiful.  :-)  

Tonight, as daddy and Joshua fell asleep, I felt you kick all around and thought of our special relationship.  I never got to the point of really feeling your brother move all around and kick me so much.  He and I got sick so early.  This is something new for me and something that I will always cherish.  I have to admit, once you're born, I'm going to miss your kicks!  Daddy has felt them,  Joshua has felt them, and even some of my coworkers have felt your kicks!  

Little Peanut, we're so blessed to have you in our lives, and no matter how scared we are about starting this new adventure with two children .... we wouldn't trade it for anything.  You and your brother are the most important people in our lives .... know that daddy and I will always be here for you.  

I love you very much .... forever and ever!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment