Thursday, January 6, 2011

No One Slept


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  We all had a pretty rough night last night and into this morning.  :-P  None of us slept a wink!  I honestly think you were up every hour on the hour .... uncomfortable, sniffling, congested, hard to breathe .... I felt so bad for you, yet so incredibly exhausted at the same time!  Plus, daddy's stomach and my stomach weren't feeling great either.  :-P  

We told Penny what was going on when she got here this morning.  You hadn't eaten breakfast yet and were still groggy when she arrived.  You had a runny nose, but didn't have a temperature.  Penny said she would call us at work if you appeared to get more sick .... all day I had my cell phone with me in my pocket praying that she wouldn't call .... I didn't want you to get any more sick!  

Thankfully, you were fine with Penny all day.  She basically tried to keep fluids in you and made sure you rested with some naps.  You ate a few bites of cereal, a few tablespoons of chicken and veggies, but you didn't want any yogurt.  Every few hours she gave you some water, a bottle, or some juice.  

You two did manage to have some fun too .... you were playful in the morning with some floor time, but you had a continuous runny nose.  You had a few naps, but they were small and intermingled with fussy times.  

When I got home, daddy started to make a pizza as I changed and held you.  You were a little 'mellow' when I got home and felt warm everywhere!  Daddy and I took your temperature several times and you weren't febrile.  So, I gave you a bath and some tylenol to help you feel better and cool off.  You continued to have a red runny nose, sound congested, coughing, sneezing, and were tired.  You weren't a happy camper.  Poor little man!  

Daddy and I pretty much held you all night.  Before we went to bed, we put the humidifier on to see if that would help you.  I really hope you feel better tomorrow.  I'll be here all day with you so I'll be keeping my eyes on you closely.  

Sleep tight!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment