Friday, January 14, 2011

Sixty Five Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  You are now sixty five weeks old!  Does it seem that long to you since you were born?  ;-)

Well, you and I slept in a little this morning, which was much needed from the past few nights.  I woke up when daddy's work alarm went off, but then went back to sleep for a little once daddy left.  You continued sleeping even after I had gotten up.  

We had some things to do today, so once you ate breakfast we got ourselves together.  You had your usual breakfast, though you didn't have any milk in your bottle since you ran out.  So, once we were dressed, we went to Target for some groceries and things for the house.  We needed some curtain rods for some draperies downstairs .... daddy has been hanging draperies for us since I'm not allowed on ladders .... plus, he's so much quicker than I am and knows where to measure!  Oh, they had some Christmas/Winter pajamas on clearance .... you're growing out of some of your pajamas now, so I went ahead and got some 18 month sets since they were so inexpensive.  Next week, there's a 'Kid Exchange' in downtown Raleigh that I want to go to .... they have it twice a year and there's always lots of used clothes and items there.  I want to find some clothes for you and Peanut, possibly a swing for Peanut, and a double stroller.  It'll depend on the condition and the price, but I hopeful I'll be able to find these things .... and you never know .... we may find some other things there too!   ;-) 

Oh, usually when we go out, I have you in the carrier on my back, or I push you in the stroller.  Since it was just you and me, and we needed some bigger and heavier things, you got to sit in the front of the cart for the first time.  :-)  I put a little covering over the metal since you like to bite things and I'm sure it wasn't clean .... but you did well and even got a sticker from the check out guy because you were buckled it so well!  :-)  I took a picture and sent it to daddy while he was at work.

You fell asleep in the car as I was driving home from Target.  So, once we got home, I placed you down to continue napping, put all the food away, and then made a quick lunch.  Once you woke up, you finished a container of yogurt and almost finished your container of spaghetti from yesterday before taking your bottle. 

Then, we went upstairs and played for a while.  I put the UNC game on from yesterday, though you kept looking at me like, "Hey, didn't we just see this?"  :-)  

Peanut keeps passing her 'kick test' each day.  Some times, when I'm holding you and you fall asleep on me (or next to me) she'll start to kick.  Then, I'll whisper in your ear, "Your sister is kicking you!" but you don't seem to mind .... yet!  I hope you two get along, though I know there will be the typical 'sibling rivalry' that always occurs.  

You took a little nap on me, though you woke up when I put you down to start dinner.  We made a simple dinner of bacon and eggs, but also prepared the crock pot for tomorrow's dinner .... a lasagna!  Yummm!  We even got some special bread at the store today for dinner tomorrow.  I went ahead and cooked all the meat, cut the veggies, and layered everything together with the cheese in the pot.  That way, in the morning, we can just plug it in!  

Daddy had to work late tonight.  He didn't get home until almost 6:30pm.  You finished your spaghetti and ate some chicken and veggies for dinner.  

Oh, guess what came in the mail today .... we ordered a case to put the new mandolin in since one company was having a sale .... it came today plus a banjo DVD that we got for daddy.  :-)  The case is nice and the mandolin fits well inside.  We're going to take it to a guitar shop that we like to show to one of the guys there tomorrow.  We're going to see if he can adjust the nut more for us so the intonation is closer, though daddy did a really good job as is.  I think he should make more instruments!  :-)

We got to play in the bonus room with daddy this evening.  At one point, I was feeling a little sick, but then figured out that it was Peanut rolling around in there and pushing against some organs!  Sometimes, I think she's pushing up against my diaphragm and pushing my lungs making it hard to breathe.  :-P  But, I would rather have that and her being healthy, than an early delivery with complications.  We are so blessed to have the two of you!  God is so good!  :-)

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment