Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Saw Dr. Rush


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle.  Today we had a busy day.  

First, we had an OB appointment for little Peanut.  We are 34 weeks and two days!  Woo hoo!  Each day is a blessing!  My weight was 150.8 lbs (a pregnancy weight gain of 21 lbs thus far which is on track for a healthy weight gain of 25 lbs total).  My blood pressure was 110/70.  The uterus height is 34 cm, which matches the weeks pregnant we are (which is good .... means Peanut is growing nicely).  My iron level was awesome .... 13.2! 

There was a trace amount of protein in my urine, but since my blood pressure has remained constant the MD wasn't concerned.  I have a trace amount of swelling as well, which I knew since my rings have gotten tight, but again, it's very minor swelling and of no immediate concern right now.  However, because of my history, Dr. Rush has changed me to weekly appointments and not 2 weeks.  So, our next appointment is a week from today at 9:30am and I'll probably continue to have them every tuesday for now on.  Also, Peanut continues to pass her 'kick test' everyday.  :-)

On a side note, Dr. Rush was the one who we saw at 30 weeks when I was pregnant with you and caught our pre-eclampsia and sent us to the hospital .... she was happy to see you and I thanked her for saving your life and catching the pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome in time.  She had a student following her around this morning, so we got to share our story with her as well.  :-) 

Once our appointment was over, we headed over to our MOPS small group play date.  Our small group leader was hosting it and she doesn't live that far from us.  There were so many kids there once we all arrived .... I'm guessing there were around 15.  Most of the kids were between 2 and 4 years old age, so you were one of the youngest.  Also, there were mostly girls there, but you appeared to have fun crawling all around!  We were there for almost two hours and then made it back home for lunch.  :-)

We got a call that our rugs were finished from Bell's Carpets.  Remember how we went back there about 2 weeks ago for a remnant piece of carpet for the two smaller bedrooms?  Well, Grandpa Jim said he could help pick them up in his truck later in the week.  So, by this weekend we should be able to put these rooms back together a little better.  :-)

You took a nap after lunch.  I did four loads of laundry as you slept and even after you woke up.   Then, I made dinner (a quick pizza) and then fed you.  You had four tablespoons of oatmeal and a container of yogurt before taking your bottle.  After dinner, I gave you a bath and then we all got in our pajamas for the UNC game.

We played better tonight and won.  :-)  We won't have another game for about a week, so I hope you don't go through basketball withdrawal.  ;-)

Tomorrow I head back to work, but Penny will be there to play and take care of you.  Save a smile and kiss for me .... I hate being apart from you, though I have Peanut close to me to keep me company.  ;-)

Sleep tight!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment