Friday, January 7, 2011

Sixty Four Weeks


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious!  Today you are sixty four weeks old!  You don't even want to know how many weeks old I am!  ;-)

You slept a little better last night .... you were probably up every 2.5-3 hours .... vs the night before when you were up every hour!  I gave you some more tylenol at about 1:30am when you were fussy.  

This morning you didn't feel as hot to me.  I knew you were pretty much breathing through your mouth all night since your nose was stuffed up .... so I figured your throat would be dry and achy this morning.  Instead of giving you cereal for breakfast, I gave you a container of cold yogurt for your throat.  You appeared to appreciate that.  Then, you had your bottle.  You didn't finished your bottle, but you came really close.

You sat with me on the couch after breakfast and didn't really play much.  You were content to just sit in my lap and have me hold you .... you usually get a little antsy want to crawl all around.  :-P

You were so congested and your nose was really runny this morning.  You seemed really tired and didn't even try to catch the cat!  I continued to hold you and you eventually took a nap on me.  I held you for about an hour and then placed you on a pillow to sleep.  :-)  While you slept I did my Bible reading and Penny, Grandpa Jim, and Gigi all called to see how you were feeling today!  I gave them all updates and they all were praying that you were feel better soon.

When you woke up, it was lunch time and Mimi and her installer for her design business, Chris, came over to hang our draperies for the nursery.  We had them in the townhouse, but we didn't want to hang them here until we had painted and completed the floors upstairs.  

I gave you some bananas and a bottle for lunch, but you only took half of the bottle .... just 4 ounces.  So, I continued to hold you and we came upstairs to see them hang the draperies.  Mimi picked you up to hold you, and you did well for a little bit, and then you threw up on her!  Poor little man!  I immediately placed you in the tub and gave you a little bath to help you feel better.  :-(  Then, I placed you in a new outfit. 

Once Chris left, we played in bonus room as we visited with Mimi.  I gave you some more tylenol and you appeared fine.  Once Mimi left, I gave you the other half of your bottle and you threw up on me!  Whoa little man!  How many outfits are you going to go through today?  After I changed you (again) and my outfit, I took your temperature.  You still weren't detecting a fever, and you weren't acting fussy.  You continued to play, but I was worried since you didn't eat much.  So, I called daddy to stop by the store on his way home from work.  He got you some baby chest rub, like Vicks, and some pedialyte to drink since you had thrown up twice.

I made some dinner by the time daddy got home .... eggs, potatoes, and bacon .... and you had your pedialyte and a smaller 4 ounce bottle of just formula .... you kept that bottle down .... so, it must have been the milk that was making you throw up in the last bottle!  

We all played in bonus room afterward with daddy.  We watched some concerts with you on the television and we rearranged your play area to include the couches upstairs.  Now, you're not separated from us and we like it better this way .... you appear to like it too.  ;-)

I hope you start to feel better soon!

Sleep tight little man!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment