Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby Shower


Dearest Joshua David~

Well, we both had an interesting day today.  You did something that you normally don't do.  We're trying to increase your solid food.  So, we had some extra food out for Penny to use.  You had your oatmeal breakfast, then some apple and cinnamon mixture, a few bites of a scrambled egg, a few cheerios, half a cookie, some yogurt, juice, and your three bottles .... but at one point in the morning, you threw up!  Ew!  You continued playing right after and didn't act sick or have a fever.  But, for some reason, you just didn't like something that you ate and then threw up.  :-P  

You had fun with Penny too, despite the throw up incident.  You two had floor time, music time, and continued to practice your walking and standing.  You also took a morning and evening nap for Penny.

I got home late, which I always hate doing.  Daddy had dinner made .... steak and leftover stuffing.  It was good!  :-)

My interesting thing today involves Peanut .... we had a staff meeting and 'Lunch and Learn' scheduled today .... I knew about them since they were on the schedule last week.  So, before lunch, I was in my office writing notes, and then two of my co-workers came in to let me know that we should head downstairs for the meeting.  I grabbed my lunch and a pen for the meeting and followed them downstairs to the break room.  Once we entered, I saw a room decorated with ribbons, balloons, gifts, and lots of food .... it was a surprise baby shower!!  I was so shocked!  We got clothes, toys, and diapers for little Peanut!  And, of course, people were asking about you and if you knew you were about to have a little sister!  I don't think you understand what's going on .... even when you fall asleep on me and Peanut kicks you!  ;-)  It will be interesting to see how you all react to each other the first few days.  :-)


Anyway, this evening, we played upstairs in the bonus room.  My back has been hurting a little more these days .... I can't figure out if it's a pinched nerve, just from pregnancy, or a little of both.  :-P  So, I tried to lay down a little while daddy sat with you to play. 

Tomorrow's another day of work and hopefully I won't get home late again.  I love spending time with you and Peanut!  I hope your tummy does better tomorrow.  

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment