Saturday, January 15, 2011

Good Dinner


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  Boy did you sleep in .... of course, you didn't go to bed until about 11pm last night!  

Let's see .... I came downstairs and ate breakfast, prepared your breakfast, set up the crock pot for dinner, unloaded the dish washer, reloaded the dish washer, washed pots and pans that couldn't go into the dish washer, cleaned your play area .... came back upstairs .... you were still snoring.  :-P  So, I traded with daddy so he could eat breakfast and I watched you as you slept .... I had to watch you because you were on our bed again and we didn't want you rolling off.  :-P  We've noticed that you've started to roll onto your back at times, so we might have you start sleeping in your helmet so that your flat spot doesn't regress.  

Anyway, once you woke up and had breakfast, daddy and I got ourselves ready and then we headed out for the day.  We went to Harry's Guitar Shop .... you've been there before but I'm sure you don't remember.  When daddy was a teenager, he took guitar lessons there and Uncle Brennan took bass lessons.  When I wanted to start on the mandolin, daddy recommended it so that's where I took lessons for a while too .... and today you got to meet my teacher, Steve!  He's never seen you, but was impressed at how big you were and was happy to see Peanut doing well.

So, we went there to drop off the electric mandolin for them to look at.  The nut is a little off, so the repair guy, Terry, is going to take it out and make a new one to adjust the intonation.  I told daddy that it was fine for our purposes, but he insisted that we take it because he wants it to be right .... what a good daddy you have.  :-)  Oh wait, maybe he just wanted to look at all the new guitars there?  Come to think of it, he kept playing a banjo while there .... hummm.    ;-)

When we left, it was around lunch time so we took you back to Cooper's BBQ!  You had crackers, cheerios, and a bottle .... then promptly fell asleep on my shoulder.  :-P  We took a quick trip to look at curtain rods too, but didn't get anything because we forgot the size rings that we had.  Oh well!

This afternoon we played around in the bonus room.  You're getting braver with the cat and keep trying to mess with him when he's near you.  :-)  Daddy played the banjo for you because he's working through a DVD now.  I tuned an acoustic mandolin that I have and practiced with the scales very briefly before taking a shower.  You mostly heard the banjo though.  

Dinner turned out pretty good!  It was a lasagna that I made/prepared yesterday and then cooked in the crock pot today.  I tried to give you some chicken and veggies, but you only took a few bites.  :-P

This evening we all just relaxed.  Daddy and I looked at the new baby gates for the stairs, but we're going to have to drill into our banisters no matter what we do.  :-(  So, we're getting Grandpa Mike to help us out to figure out what our best options are.  We need to go ahead and get these up soon though!  :-P

Tomorrow we'll be 34 weeks gestation with Peanut!  At '34 weeks' you were already a month old, so I guess you think Peanut is late!  ;-)

Get some sleep tonight .... tomorrow we head to the Art Museum to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit!  

Sleep tight!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment