Monday, January 17, 2011

Bat Boy


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  Boy did you give us a run for our money this morning.  :-P

So, I put you in your crib last night after you fell asleep, and you continued to sleep as we went to bed.  I woke up at 2:47am to use the restroom (which isn't an uncommon time for me to be awake these days with Peanut pushing around everywhere).  I checked on you and you were snoring away in your crib all cute.  You've been waking up around 2am, so I thought we were in the clear tonight!  However, right around 3am, you woke up and started crying.  Daddy and I let you cry for a while to see if you would 'self soothe' yourself, but that didn't work.  Finally, I picked you up at 4:22am!  You calmed down when you were in my arms and I wiped away your little tears.  I walked around with you, but you didn't fall back asleep.  When I got back in bed I had you curl up to me, and you eventually started to sleep around 4:45am.  Of course, daddy's work alarm went off at 6:30am .... needless to say we were exhausted the rest of the day.  I stayed in bed until a little after 7am, then I started to get things together for the day.  I had to wake you up at 8am so I could change you, feed you, and pack you up for your pediatrician appointment this morning at 9:30am!

Overall your appointment went well.  You had three shots .... two in your right leg and one in your left leg.  In my rush and lack of sleep state this morning I had forgotten to bring your immunization card with me!  But, your doctor's office keeps a record of everything and we can update it at your next appointment.  :-P

Your doctor said you were a little underweight .... which is what the neonatologist was saying last month.  I swear we feed you!  Your weight was 19 lbs 7 ozs and your length is 30 inches.  Our goal is to increase your solid foods and to get you onto the sippy cup more vs the bottle.  She even suggested that increasing your solid foods may help you sleep better.  Of course, she also stated that some children get 'night terrors' that wake them up.  I'm hoping that's not what's happening with you.  :-(  We'll see if the increased food will help.  

She asked me when I was due, and I told her the end of February.  Your next appointment will be your 18 month check up in April, so we'll technically see her again before then for Peanut's newborn appointments!  These next few months are going to be busy busy with your upcoming surgery, Peanut's arrival, all the pediatrician appointments, your physical therapy appointments, your eye exam, my follow up appointments after having Peanut .... whew!  We're going to need a vacation after all this!  Maybe by summer time things will slow down a little.  :-P

After your appointment, we made a quick trip to the bank to make a deposit.  The banks are closed today for Martin Luther King Day, but we could use the outside ATM with no problem.  Then, we headed to Gigi's house.

Gigi had off from work, and Uncle James was there too.  Your Grandpa Jim popped in for a few minutes during lunch time and got to play with you.  Gigi now calls you a vampire .... since you bite and are always awake at night!  Your Uncle James calls you 'Bat Boy' for the same reasons.  :-P  You're getting a reputation, so you'd better start sleeping through the night soon!  

You had a container of sweet potatoes and then a bottle there.  We'll need to get more sippy cups for you so we can make the transition.  You only like sippy cups with a soft nipple top and not the hard ones, so I'll look for those the next time we're out.  

I was tired, so I made some tea as you played with Gigi.  Uncle James tried to think of names for little Peanut .... and before I knew it .... you and Gigi were taking a nap on the recliner!  How come you always get to take the nap and not me?  :-P

Once you woke up, I packed you up and we headed back home to make dinner.  Daddy actually got home a little earlier than usual, so we timed it just right.  We made chicken with stuffing, and while that was staying warm, I gave you dinner.  You ate a container of yogurt, some cheerios, and then a bottle.  Daddy walked in the door as you were eating.  :-)

We all played upstairs this evening.  You got to watch us play the Wii.  Daddy and I both won a game of bowling, and then daddy played some basketball.  After a while, I rocked you, and you fell asleep.  Daddy and I read as you continued to sleep in your crib.  I hope you sleep better tonight.  :-P

Tomorrow, we have an OB visit for Peanut in the morning, and then a MOPS play date right after.  This will be our first play date, so I hope you get a long with all the other children.  ;-)

Sleep tight!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment