Monday, January 3, 2011

Fighting Sleep


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie!  How are you?  :-)

Well, daddy had to go back into work this morning .... we were getting use to him being around the house and working from home, so we missed him.  But, we still had fun around the house today.

I say around the house because it was cold outside.  I was going to take you for a walk after lunch, but it was cold just checking the mailbox!  I think it was in the 40's, so we stayed in and played around here.  ;-)

After breakfast, we hung out in the bonus room.  You got tired playing around and eventually took a little nap on a pillow.  I put a blanket on you and you were so cute.  ;-)

As you slept, I swept out and vacuumed our bathroom floor.  Then, I did two loads of laundry.  Oh, remember the white bath mat that daddy and I have next to our shower .... well, it got mixed in with the other towels and mats so it's not as 'white' as it use to be.  :-P  Oh well!

We got a Christmas card in the mail from your Great-Grandparents today.  I went ahead and wrote a thank you card for you since you were too busy playing.  :-P  You also got a gift from some friends of the family, so I wrote a card for them too.  

For lunch, you finished your spaghetti and almost finished a container of yogurt before taking down an eight ounce bottle!  I had my Kanki leftovers.  ;-)  Then, we did some Bible reading and played in the afternoon.

You fell asleep on me as I rocked you.  I held you for about 40 minutes while you slept.  You were really out and snoring in my ear, so I figured I would be ok to start making dinner at that point.  I gently placed you down in the crib, put a blanket on you, and turned on the monitor as I tip-toed down the stairs.  As soon as I had the stove on and the meat cooking, you started crying and I brought you downstairs to play.  That didn't last long!  :-P

We tried our hand at making 'sloppy joes' for dinner.  :-P  We kind of mixed and matched different recipes that we found online since we didn't have all the spices and ingredients.  It definitely could have been better, but daddy liked it so that made me feel good.  :-)  Also, we cooked some hashbrowns with corn as a side.  Everything was done when daddy got home and I was feeding you the rest of your yogurt and a container of sweet potatoes!  

You and daddy got to play as I took a shower this evening.  Then, daddy read a little and I noodled on the mandolin as you played.  You sat on the couch with us for little as we watched television, but you got bored and wanted to chase the cat instead.  :-P

Getting you to sleep this evening was such a challenge!  You fought and fought it!  We tried everything until you eventually wore yourself out.  By then, you were curled up next to daddy and I and we were so exhausted that we left you there!  Why were you fighting sleep so much buddy? 

Tomorrow we have an OB appointment for Peanut in the morning.  Then, you and I will run a quick errand to the bank and the post office.  We'll be back home before lunch time.  :-)

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment