Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Everything Closed


Dearest Joshua David~

Well, guess what we woke up to this morning .... ice on the roads and driveway!  Everything was shut down and closed.  Gigi didn't go into work, but Grandpa Jim did.  I spoke to both of them on the phone.  Our dental office was shut down, though I don't go in on tuesdays anyway.  ;-)  And, daddy got to work from home!  Woo hoo!  You like it when he's here!  :-)

For breakfast, you ate four tablespoons of oatmeal and five ounces of formula.  I was still hesitant about giving you milk.  :-P  But, at lunch, you ate half a container of yogurt, five ounces of formula, and then two ounces of whole milk .... you kept it all down!  

This morning, you played as I prepared the crock pot again for dinner.  We're making a beef and pasta soup.   I cooked the ground beef and cut the veggies while you played.  Then, I put everything in the crock pot to cook for a few hours.  We added the pasta in the last 30 minutes.  It turned out pretty good!  Go us!  :-)

Daddy filled our bird feeder this morning.  There were a lot of birds on our deck looking for food because of all the ice out.  

Your Great-Grandma called to check on you.  :-)  I told her that you were feeling better.  She said you still have some gifts at her house from Christmas.  Remember how we got all that snow over Christmas and couldn't see them?  Well, we need to find a time to get together once the weather clears up.  

Oh, your eye doctor appointment was canceled due to the ice.  Your appointment has been rescheduled for the end of the month. 

You fell asleep and took a nap on me this afternoon.  :-)  I had to pass you to daddy though so I could finish dinner.  You continued to sleep on him.  :-)  As we ate our soup, you had almost an entire jar of sweet potatoes and then a five ounce bottle of formula.  Once we were all done with dinner, daddy gave you a nice bath and then you fought me .... as usual .... as I brushed your teeth.  You have eight teeth (I don't remember if I told you this or not) .... you have your primary maxillary and mandibular laterals and centrals.  :-)

We played in the bonus room this evening.  We spoke to Penny and she'll be here at 9:15am tomorrow morning.  My office is on a two hour delay in the morning to open at 10am.  I'm worried about the driveway and cul-de-sac though.  I'm hoping it'll be ok in the morning.

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment